Director of Development
Type of Job
Nov 19, 2020
About the job
- Local chapter of leading conservation organization seeks fundraiser to implement a strong fundraising strategy (Maryland / DC)
- Founded in 1951, The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, TNC creates innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world's toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. TNC is tackling climate change, conserving lands, waters, and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water responsible and helping make cities more sustainable. One of the organization’s core values is their commitment to diversity. Therefore, TNC strives for a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce.
- From western Maryland's Central Appalachian forests to our nation's capital and beyond to the Chesapeake Bay, TNC is working on the ground to deliver large-scale, science-based conservation projects that will help people and nature adapt to a changing climate.
- The Nature Conservancy seeks a Director of Development to lead the fundraising team and develop, implement, and manage effective multi-year strategies and plans for the cultivation and solicitation of gift prospects from all constituencies. The Director will cultivate donors from annual giving to major or planned gifts and be responsible for direct asks to both global and local priorities to meet funding needs. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, this position will be based out of the DC metropolitan area and will work with an energetic, collaborative team that celebrates a strong workplace culture. Specific responsibilities and scope of work include:
- v Bachelor’s degree and 7 years related experience.
- v Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with constituents such as major donors and corporations.
- v Experience in asking for and closing gifts of $75,000 or more, including planned gifts.
- v Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors.
- v Experience working with fundraising principles and practices.
- v Experience, coursework, or other training in current and evolving trends in charitable giving, particularly in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts and planned giving.
- v Management experience, to include management of direct reports, ability to create a plan to see projects through to completion, and ability to set the team’s strategy is highly desirable.
- Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for The Nature Conservancy. All of DRi's searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.