Director of Development, Latin America Region
Type of Job
Aug 25, 2023
About the job
Responsibilities and Scope:
· Accountable for the region’s private fundraising goals, by defining priorities, aligning goals, talent, and resources – and through direct fundraising.
· Refresh the region’s philanthropy strategy, with a clear focus on cultivating and building relationships with Ultra High Net Worth individuals who are philanthropic and conservation-minded.
· Strategically train and support regional leadership to focus on near term opportunities to mobilize private resources for TNC’s mission in Latin America.
· Ensure programs meet commitments while complying with TNC policies and procedures, financial standards, and legal requirements.
· Lead the conception, design, and execution of strategic initiatives and goals through collaboration with senior-level stakeholders in order to enhance the region’s overall performance.
· Lead the conception, design, and implementation of regional initiatives, coordinating the work of other professionals, managing budget, and ensuring program accountability.
· Coordinate fundraising efforts with TNC’s Global teams. Financial management responsibilities include setting budget and fundraising objectives, analyzing results, and taking corrective actions.
· Direct or participate in negotiations involving complex, high profile or sensitive agreements.
· Appropriately handle sensitive, confidential and/or emotionally charged information as it arises.
· Demonstrate impeccable adherence to TNC’s Values and Competencies.
· Strategic decisions may affect public image, impact multiple programs, and bind the organization financially or legally.
· Travel is frequent and may be on short notice.
· TNC provides for a balanced work environment, but in some specific situations, work may demand long hours and some work on weekends.
· Bachelor’s degree and 12 years related experience, including 3 years working at a senior/executive level.
· Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with donors, including Ultra High Net Worth individuals (UHNWI), foundations Professional fundraising experience with a demonstrated history of cultivating and soliciting 6–7+ figures from principal gift and high-net-worth prospects, both from in-region philanthropic donors as well as from the US and Europe.
· and corporations.
· Experience conceiving and implementing strategic initiatives.
· Experience guiding strategic communications in benefit of fundraising.
· Experience working in a large, complex, not-for-profit environment.
· Management experience of a large multidisciplinary department, including planning and delivering budgetary responsibilities.
· Fluent in English and either Spanish or Portuguese; working knowledge of all 3 languages.
· Committed to the mission of The Nature Conservancy.