Director of Conservation, Texas
San Antonio, TX
Type of Job
$104,000 - $116,000
Dec 2, 2020
About the job
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 79 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Director of Conservation in Texas guides and oversees the work of a diverse and geographically dispersed team focused on the planning, science, development and implementation of strategies tailored to protect and restore human and natural communities of Texas. They establish the Conservancy as a major conservation leader and/or partner on relevant and significant conservation issues and broad-scale conservation strategies, including but not limited to land and freshwater protection and restoration, grassland and forest health, natural climate solutions for climate mitigation, climate adaptation, energy production, and resilient coasts. The Director is responsible for ensuring that the Texas Chapter is aligned with, and contributing to, TNC’s global and North American conservation priorities.
Desired Skills & Experience
· BA/BS degree and 10 years’ experience in conservation practice or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience directing a major program or project of strategic importance, including management/supervision of multi-disciplinary teams and meeting deadlines.
· Experience influencing, developing and implementing conservation policy and plans at the state level.
· Experience in partnership development with non-profit partners, community groups and/or government agencies.
· Fundraising experience, including identifying potential donors and donor cultivation.
· Experience with financial management of a large and complex program.
· Supervisory experience, including motivating, leading, setting objectives and managing performance of a large team.
How to Apply
To view the full position description and apply, please visit https://careers.nature.org. Search for job ID#49155 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST December 15, 2020. If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally – new positions are posted often!