Director of Acquisition
Type of Job
$110,245 - $180,885 (salary ranges are based on the geographic location of the applicant. If selected to move forward to interviews, a more accurate range to reflect the candidate’s geographic location will be provided that will fall within the overall range.)
Jul 20, 2023
About the job
The Director of Acquisition provides direction and leadership over a multidisciplinary marketing team in the development and accountability of integrated and omnichannel prospect audience strategies to acquire qualified donors. They set and implement overall program and project strategies that align to overall Membership marketing goals and objectives.
The Director of Acquisition manages staff and teams that create, manage, and implement key initiatives or programs designed to advance The Nature Conservancy’s Membership marketing strategies to acquire qualified new and lapsed donors across all prospect audiences and current and future marketing channels, including but not limited to mail, digital, face-to-face, phone, and video. These integrated strategies acquire qualified donors within acceptable short- and long-term parameters and achieve revenue and new/lapsed donor goals.
They leverage all channels in support and alignment of programmatic fundraising goals to meet the overall membership objectives, focusing on optimizing channels and identifying, monetizing, testing, adapting and implementing new and current acquisition opportunities.
They work closely with and manages relations with other membership leaders, internal and external key stakeholders, to direct, oversee, and coordinate implementation and ensure delivery of programs consistent with the vision and goals of the organization. Aligns staff efforts that match priorities set by the director and senior management. Ensures effectiveness of operational delivery of branding principle internally and externally. Directs diverse activities, develops complex practices and processes, project outcomes and initiates changes. Manages and/or oversees vendor relationships.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Designs and directs complex and diversified projects, coordinating the work of other professionals, and ensuring program accountability.
- Manages multi-disciplinary administrative and professional staff.
- Develops and manages budget, evaluates results and develops corrective strategies as needed.
- Decision can commit resources for programs or initiatives in a way that has organization wide impact and affects public image.
- Lead strategic initiatives through collaboration with senior-level stakeholders in order to enhance overall performance in accordance with short and long-term objectives.
- Plans and leads new programs/initiatives that ensure achievement of department and organization-wide goals.
- Responsibility and accountability for meeting strategic goals and objectives.