Digital Media Specialist, bilingual
Salt Lake City, UT (preferred)
Type of Job
$40,000 - 50,000 annual salary
May 10, 2021
About the job
Digital Media Specialist, bilingual
Wildlands Network is a growing non-profit organization that is committed to
reconnecting, restoring and rewilding North America so that life in all its diversity can
thrive. We have staff in the United States and Mexico working with NGO partners,
landowners, elected officials and government agencies to protect, maintain and
restore wildlife habitat and movement corridors.
Wildlands Network is committed to recruiting, training and retaining talented, diverse
and creative staff who are passionate about fulfilling our mission.
Wildlands Network seeks a digital media-savvy, bilingual Digital Media Specialist, fluent in both English and Spanish, to support the organization’s efforts to promote its work across a diverse range of platforms and audiences. This position will play a central role in elevating Wildlands Network’s brand story and creating and nurturing an engaged virtual community by creating and sharing content that aligns with the organization’s strategic vision and narratives. The Digital Media Specialist will report to and work collaboratively with our Communications Manager.
The selected candidate will be expected to:
· Develop (and/or translate) content in both English and Spanish for Wildlands Network’s digital media platforms.
· Coordinate creation and posting across brand social media accounts.
· Engage and coordinate external digital content influencers and experts to support communications campaigns and brand visibility goals.
· Refresh and maintain organization’s website text and design.
· Gather and organize visuals assets, including photo and video files.
· Assist Communications Manager in building out the organization’s Spanish-language presence.
· Make recommendations for editorial calendar based on communications priorities.
· Track digital performance metrics and prepare analytics reports.
· Compile media toolkits for outreach campaigns.
· Build and maintain brand representation of organization.
· Keep up-to-date on the latest trends and tools in the digital media field, and make recommendations on how to improve Wildlands Network’s systems and processes.
· Support Communications Manager in ensuring consistent messaging and brand representation across Wildlands Network’s initiatives.
· At least one year of demonstrated success managing social media platforms and creating content.
· Fluency in both English and Spanish.
· Strong writing and reading skills.
· Knowledge of digital and marketing analytics tools and best practices.
· Ability to problem-solve and manage multiple ongoing projects while consistently meeting changing deadlines.
· Exceptional organizational skills, time management and attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal communication.
· High degree of initiative.
· Comfortable working with diverse teams, remotely located.
· Experience with graphic design and/or videomaking a plus.
· Interest and familiarity with environmental and wildlife concerns.
Location: Salt Lake City preferred; remote work locations to be considered on a case-by-case basis; must have access to high-speed, dependable internet.
Benefits: Generous paid vacation, sick, family leave and sabbatical policies; employer-sponsored health and dental coverage; 10K life insurance policy; access to retirement account; support for ongoing professional development.
Wildlands Network is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send statement of interest, resume, and 2-3 links or copies of relevant previously created content to email@example.com. Please, no calls or direct emails to other staff. To be considered, applicants must submit materials through this email