Digital Media Member - Jimmy Carter National Historic Park
Type of Job
Oct 12, 2022
About the job
Summary: American Conservation Experience, a nonprofit Conservation Corps, in partnership with the National Park Service, is seeking ONE Digital Media Member to contribute to interpretive outreach efforts alongside Jimmy Carter and Andersonville NPS Staff.
For more information about ACE, please visit: www.usaconservation.org.
Start Date: November 28, 2022
End Date: November 27, 2023 (flexible)
*a 52-week minimum commitment is required *
Location: Jimmy Carter National Historic Park, Plains, GA
The Jimmy Carter National Historical Park preserves sites associated with James Earl "Jimmy" Carter, Jr. (born 1924), 39th president of the United States. These include his residence, boyhood farm, school, and the town railroad depot, which served as his campaign headquarters during the 1976 election. The building which used to be Plains High School (opened in 1921 and closed in 1979) serves as the park's museum and visitor center. Plains is a rural community in Southwest Georgia with full services available in Americus, GA (10 miles); Albany, GA (40 miles); and Columbus, GA (50 miles).
For more information about Jimmy Carter National Historic Park, please visit: https://www.nps.gov/jica/index.htm.
Living Allowance: The ACE Member is expected to contribute ~40 hours/week and will receive a living allowance of $600/week to offset the costs of food and incidental expenses, dispersed bi-weekly. They will also have access to a $600 reimbursable travel allowance to aid in the costs of relocation and commuting to the duty station.
Housing: Housing is the responsibility of the member and not provided by ACE or NPS.
Scheduling: The ACE Member will work full-time, 40 hours a week, from Monday to Friday, usually 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Position Description: The ACE Member will work with interpretive staff to provide opportunities for enhanced digital engagement. Focus will be placed on social media, website, and digital production to better engage families, college students, and youth.
Duties may include:
- Assist in developing suite of waysides (signage) for the Carter Home and Garden for future production
- Update existing waysides to meet current accessibility standards and provide relevant interpretation
- Provide website content
- Assist with photography and video projects.
Work will be performed primarily indoors, with some field work as needed.
This individual placement is meant to facilitate professional development and promotes exposure to land management agencies and networking with professionals. This could include gaining experience in different conservation fields and shadowing different work groups.
Public Land Corps Hiring Authority: Members serving under this agreement may be eligible for a hiring authority upon completion of their term of service. PLC projects also include specific eligibility requirements such as age and citizenship. Please contact ACE staff with questions about eligibility.
- Members must be US citizen or Permanent Resident, as required to comply with U.S. government contracts
- Willing and able to represent ACE and the partner organization in a professional, positive, and enthusiastic manner.
- Ability to be both self-directed/work alone, and be a positive, contributing member of a group.
- A valid driver's license and an insurable driving record (documentation to be provided upon request).
- Willing to undergo and must pass required criminal history checks.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- ACE Members must verify that they are fully vaccinated for Covid-19 or have requested and been granted a medical or religious exemption to vaccination by the time they start their term.
- Personal vehicle is needed for daily transportation to/from work site.
- To learn more about eligibility requirements, please visit our website here.
- Competitive applicants for this position can hold or be pursuing a minimum of a bachelor's degree and/or have relevant experience in subject areas such as digital media, public history, historical studies, graphic design, or visual arts.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Ability and willingness to produce content for websites and social media platform, work on digital layouts of portable exhibits, excel database creation, and strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability and willingness to follow guidelines and standards.
- Deep interest in learning non-personal interpretative services.
To Apply: Please submit your resume, a cover letter demonstrating your interest and experience, and contact information for three professional/academic references to the online application page for this position here: https://usaconservation.applicantpool.com/jobs/. Early consideration will be given as resumes are received. This position may close at any time. If you have any questions regarding this position please feel free to contact ACE EPIC Recruitment and Outreach Manager, Victoria Yee at email@example.com
EEO: American Conservation Experience provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, American Conservation Experience complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.