Digital Media Manager
Type of Job
Aug 25, 2022
About the job
Are you passionate about stopping pollution and fighting for climate justice? Do you want to bring your skills to help us grow our online presence? Are you a digital strategist that understands the value of effective storytelling?
Earthworks is searching for a Digital Media Manager to join our Communications team. The Digital Media Manager will oversee and manage our digital presence to support and amplify our field, program, and policy work, increase our engagement with a variety of audiences, tell our stories and help us achieve our fundraising goals. This role requires the ability to collaborate effectively with all staff and functions within the organization. An ideal candidate for this position will have 5-7 years of experience in managing social media platforms, developing digital growth strategies, content creation and curation, social analytics, platform engagement and growth.
- As part of the Communications team, helps to develop communications and digital engagement strategies for program, policy and field campaigns.
- Supervises Digital Media Associate.
- Develops social media content plan and data-driven strategy to increase engagement across platforms.
- Oversees social media content for a variety of platforms including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and TikTok.
- Analyzes data and trends to help shape the organization’s social media voice, content, and online campaigns.
- Executes ongoing and one-time social media campaigns.
- Executes paid social media advertising campaigns.
- Communicates and collaborates with program and policy staff on social platforms.
- Trains Staff and volunteer leaders on how to effectively use Social Media platforms.
- Manages national e-mail Communications Calendar
- Works collaboratively with Philanthropy staff to ensure appropriate social platform engagement to further fundraising goals.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of five (5) years of social media experience, preferably in a non-profit, advocacy or social justice organization.
- Experience with Wordpress, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics is desired.
- Facebook Ad Manager, Google Ads, Meltwater and Salsa Engage is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- An ability to work in a remote environment for a fully virtual organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Multicultural competence and a commitment to working with people from a variety of backgrounds, especially ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Excellent solution-oriented skills with an ability to respond to changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment where teamwork, collegiality, and self-motivation are necessary for success.
- Strong project management skills, coupled with sharp attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Openness to ongoing learning and coaching from colleagues at every level.
- Proven ability to follow up with colleagues to ensure tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
Benefits and salary:
This is a full time, permanent position. The salary for this position is competitive for small to medium non-profits, ranging from $67K to $73K per year depending on experience. Benefits include full life, health, long/short term disability, dental, and vision insurance coverage for the employee and their partner/family (plus a partially employer funded HSA). Employees also receive unlimited paid leave, and a retirement plan with an employer match, after one year. Additionally, after 7 years, staff are eligible for a 3 month, fully paid sabbatical.
Location, Travel & COVID-19
Location for this position is remote Earthworks has flexible work from home policies. Some travel will be required when air travel and in-person meetings can safely resume as public health conditions permit. Earthworks’ COVID-19 policies prioritize the health and safety of our employees and the need to minimize the public health threat from COVID-19.
Earthworks requires all those hired to provide proof of full vaccination (vaccination and booster) against COVID-19. New hires who have disabilities that make the vaccine medically inadvisable or those who have a sincere religious belief that the vaccine is impermissible may request an accommodation by contacting Lezlie Griffin, Director of Talent and Equity, at email@example.com. Accommodation will be provided only as required by applicable law.
Earthworks is a non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, DC, with 45 employees across 20 states and DC. We work to protect communities and the environment from the adverse impacts of mining and energy development while seeking sustainable solutions. We support frontline communities, reform government policies, improve corporate practices, influence investment decisions, and encourage responsible materials sourcing and consumption. We seek to ensure that communities’ voices and concerns are heard in the corridors of power, from the nation’s capital to state houses and legislatures.
Earthworks is committed to challenging and dismantling systemic oppression. Earthworks’ Board and staff understand that promoting diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) both within and beyond Earthworks is critical to carrying out our mission to protect communities and the environment from the adverse impacts of resource extraction. We understand that our commitment to DEI means a dedication to constant learning and improvement.
Earthworks welcomes applications from diverse candidates and is an equal-opportunity employer. Earthworks evaluates employees and applicants for employment on merit, competence, and qualifications and does not tolerate discrimination.
How to apply:
Apply online at https://www.careers-page.com/earthworks-2/job/LRYXRR7R, please include a cover letter, resume, and any links to blogs, Op-Eds, social media handles, websites, or other online presence that highlights your experience. No phone calls please.