Digital Marketing Manager-Strategy
Type of Job
May 25, 2022
About the job
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation has grown into America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 52 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, and outdoor enthusiasts of all ages and stripes. The mission of the National Wildlife Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world. We advance this mission through programming focused on conserving wildlife, restoring habitats and waterways, expanding outdoor opportunities, connecting children with nature, advancing environmental justice, and addressing the causes and consequences of climate change.
To support our mission, we are seeking an innovative Digital Marketing Manager-Strategy to join our Publications marketing team in Reston, VA (due to COVID-19 all NWF employees are working remotely until further notice). Our team utilizes all media to acquire and retain subscribers to our children’s publications and to convert them into life-long members of the National Wildlife Federation, devoted to helping wildlife thrive in a rapidly changing world.
The right candidate will have experience in all media and bring a passion for learning and achieving in an open, collaborative workplace. You will be a self-starter, able to work independently and within a team to accomplish multiple projects under budget and ahead of schedule. You will be responsible for managing the online marketing for National Wildlife Federation's children’s publications including the implementation of circulation marketing strategy, tactics, scheduling, and coordinating the design process across multichannel vendors.
In this role you will:
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against budget and projections.
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights. Determine KPI’s for all internet related sources and provide updates on progress.
- Create and track online marketing budget and track and re-project expenses - Work with Digital Manager on online budget to account for all internet expenses during budget and re-project. This includes allocating any special investment funds and presenting new opportunities for all internet sources.
- Focusing on all online data as it pertains to the internet sources. - Work with NWF Strategic Business Operations (SBO) team and Marketing Analyst to create an overlay and understanding of our current magazine subscriber base so we can segment them out into actives, expires, prospects. Getting a better understanding of our website visitors, their needs and desires. Use the data provided to create strategic planning both immediate and long term.
- Working with the Google Analytics team at NWF - Work with SBO and NWF web team on making sure all orders and pages are being captured via google analytics. Working with that team to provide monthly meetings to share all results with
- Editorial and Marketing team. Meetings should show learnings from results and suggested actions for future success.
- Administer with the Digital Marketing Manger, the User Experience for all sites related to the marketing and sales of Ranger Rick products.
Working with outside vendors on current order pages, updates, upkeep and ongoing testing.
Working with possible new e commerce site and ongoing management as it relates to all things within the e-commerce.
Develop strategies that drive customers to the website
Improve the design, UX, traffic, and content of the website
Maintain consistent brand messaging throughout all platforms
- Understand wordpress as an engine to be able to dynamically serve ads to consumers based on their interests/affinity either through integration into Google Ads, Google AdSense, or a third-party programmatic platform (rotating ads, A/B testing, AMP/double click integration, etc.)
- Continue to refine rangerrick.org with SEO best practices to increase site-crawling/visibility/page rank and hopefully increase organic order volume
- Launch/establish lead gen for rangerrick.org leading into a purchase path
- Assist in customer-service and CDS-operational tasks as needed as they relate to online issues.
- Experience working with teams, including in-house departments and outsourced vendors
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Good experience in Advance Excel, SQL, BI tools like Tableau, Wordpress and Power BI for developing dynamic reports
- Ability to determine long term trends in data
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to consistently complete projects under budget and ahead of schedule
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills
- Ability to work independently and self-driven
- GIS mapping skills a plus
Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation and the National Wildlife Federation Action Fund: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus. Your competencies should include:
- Being motivated by values of equity and responsibility to those most marginalized;
- Consistently bringing a high level of empathy and social skills to work and interpersonal interactions;
- Being committed to deepening an environmental justice approach in policy priorities, program development and partner engagement;
- Actively seeks feedback, direction, and guidance from all team members and keeps staff informed of decisions that impact them;
- Being dedicated to advancing NWF’s and NWFAF’s internal equity transformation and compelling partners and allies to incorporate equity into their work; and
- Passion for and commitment to NWF's and NWFAF’s mission
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience, in the range of $68,000-$73,000.
We are proud of our designation by Mogul as a Top 100 Workplace with the Best Benefits in 2021! We value work-life balance and a family-friendly atmosphere with flexible scheduling. We want you to be able to integrate work and personal life with attention to your self-care, so that your work schedule is not depleting. We offer benefits so you feel restored and fueled through the day and week.
We offer these supports to help manage your mental, emotional, and physical health:
- Paid time off: Vacation that starts off at three weeks accrual, unlimited wellbeing (this time can be used for physical, spiritual, emotional, cultural, religious or financial wellbeing for yourself, a partner, or family member – including pets), 10 holidays, and 3 floating holidays
- We close down for a paid winter break between December 25 to January 1 to recognize end of-year stress, and time for reflection, rejuvenation, and spending time with family.
- Up to 16 weeks of fully paid Family and Medical Leave
- Low-cost health, dental, and vision insurance options – all outpatient mental health is covered at in-network rates
- Therapist available at no cost
- Pet insurance and discount perk program
- Annual wellbeing allowance
In addition to your salary, we offer the following supports to your personal finances:
- Retirement plan with immediate match and vesting
- Annual year end retirement contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption and Surrogacy assistance
- Pet adoption stipend
- Student Loan management
Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s benefits package at https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers.
The National Wildlife Federation closely follows the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease and has implemented processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, and communities. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we conduct our hiring process virtually via phone or video until further notice. We are currently starting our positions as remote, and are continuing to explore what our future of work will be moving forward. Proof of vaccination will be required to join the National Wildlife Federation.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at nwf.org/equity.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job, therefore our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. Your experience, which may include paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work, helps build the competencies and knowledge that translates to our openings. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Please let us know if you require accommodations during the application or interview process by reaching us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-438-6244.
If selected for this position, a background check will be conducted.