Digital Content and Strategy Manager
Charlottesville, VA or Atlanta, GA, USA
Type of Job
Aug 15, 2022
About the job
The Southern Environmental Law Center is seeking a Digital Content and Strategy Manager in our Charlottesville or Atlanta offices. This individual will join our Communications team and report to our Director of Digital Strategy. The Digital Content and Strategy Manager will be responsible for developing strategies and content that advance our digital and marketing goals. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly successful, nationally recognized organization that is effectively addressing some of the most pressing and challenging environmental issues throughout the South and the nation.
The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of experience, strong writing and comprehension skills, and previous experience developing strategy, executing digital content, and reporting for digital campaigns.
SELC currently has a hybrid work model that offers employees the flexibility to work at home two days per week. We require all staff to be vaccinated and boosted and to provide proof of vaccination in order to come to work in our offices. This is a full-time position.
- Working with the Director of Digital Strategy, Director of Marketing, and Senior Editor, act as a content strategist to implement digital and marketing strategic plans.
- Produce digital strategies that utilize multi-channel content and think through how content is repurposed for digital channels.
- Establish strategy to grow social platforms and site visitors to align with overarching digital plan.
- Write News Feed articles, emails, and other marketing materials as well as maintain social channels.
- Attend editorial meetings and help maintain and track editorial calendar.
- Track analytics to gauge how digital content is performing and adjust accordingly and develop quarterly reports on metrics like social channel performance.
- Assist with email implementation and sending.
- Help to ensure content aligns with SEO strategy.
- Explore new opportunities for digital and marketing content creation.
- Proactively pursue opportunities to further SELC’s efforts to infuse commitments to equity into digital strategies.
- 5-7 years experience.
- Strong writing and comprehension skills. As the voice of the South’s leading environmental organization, you’ll need to be able to package complex legal issues and marketing language for a range of platforms, specializing in social strategy and execution.
- Established skillsets in digital platforms. In addition to demonstrated experience with Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Linked-in, Snapchat, and TikTok, you have familiarity with email CRMs (like Pardot or Mailchimp), and website content management systems.
- Social strategist and data driven. You understand the opportunities and limitations of each social platform, how to engage with followers, and how to learn from the insights each channel provides. From likes, comments, and shares, you’re looking for opportunities to optimize and expand reach and contribute to ongoing reporting of these functions.
- Project management enthusiast. You understand how a range of digital platforms (web, emails, social, ads, etc.) work together to form a campaign – and you can manage communications for multiple campaigns at the same time.
- Highly organized. You are self-driven and have excellent time management skills. You can manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment, all while keeping an eye on your inbox and responding to emails in a timely fashion.
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. You have a genuine interest in and commitment to helping SELC foster a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. You think about how to infuse commitments to equity into communications strategies and into organizational and campaign planning from the ground up. You engage in ongoing personal learning and are eager to contribute to our organizational efforts to reflect the rich racial and cultural diversity of our region and embed equity and inclusiveness throughout SELC, in our work, and in our collaborative partnerships.
- Collegial, collaborative team player. You enjoy learning together with your teammates and helping others to succeed in their work as well. You bring a collaborative attitude to engaging with other team members and external stakeholders alike.
- Experience in nonprofit or legal advocacy organizations.
- Exposure to and interest in environmental issues and solutions.
- Experience in Pardot and WordPress.
- Experience with creating short form video for social channels.
The Southern Environmental Law Center is one of the nation’s most powerful defenders of the environment, rooted in the South. With a long track record, SELC takes on the toughest environmental challenges in court, in government, and in our communities to protect our region’s air, water, climate, wildlife, lands, and people. Nonprofit and nonpartisan, the organization has a staff of over 170, including more than 80 attorneys, and is headquartered in Charlottesville, VA., with offices in Asheville, Atlanta, Birmingham, Chapel Hill, Charleston, Nashville, Richmond, and Washington, DC.
At our core, we are place-based, rooted in our region, and connected with the communities and clients we serve. We believe in an equitable and inclusive workplace that reflects the rich racial and cultural diversity of our region and allows diverse perspectives to come to the forefront. We approach our work with the highest level of integrity, holding ourselves to high standards with an emphasis on honesty, accountability, and thoughtfulness. We value collaboration and camaraderie, realizing we are strongest when we work together and knowing that everyone has a critical role to play. We strive for impact through a strategic, bold, pragmatic, and ambitious outlook that is dedicated to achieving powerful results. We believe in these values and in the power of SELC. We hope you consider joining us. Learn more at https://www.southernenvironment.org/.
SELC offers salaries competitive with other leading environmental nonprofits nationally and provides an excellent benefits package. The starting salary range for this position is $65,000- $80,000, commensurate with experience. For more details about our benefits package, please visit our Careers page.
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below to be directed to an online application where you may upload your application materials. Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and work samples with related metrics. The initial deadline for receipt of complete applications is September 2, 2022. However, applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
SELC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive workplace environment. We are eager to welcome new team members who share this commitment. We still have much progress to make, but our goal is to create and maintain a staff that, at every level, reflects the rich racial and cultural diversity of the communities where we work and the clients that we serve. Persons of all backgrounds—including people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates—are strongly encouraged to apply.