Digital Communications Coordinator
Type of Job
Jan 13, 2022
About the job
New Jersey Future seeks a skilled, organized, and motivated individual to coordinate and provide digital communications support to the communications team and other NJF staff. The Digital Communications Coordinator will work within a collaborative team environment on a variety of tasks and will be responsible for projects including social media strategy, planning, and posting; print and electronic design work; multimedia content production; website maintenance and updates; email design and execution; and event and administrative support.
- Creating and updating web content, including copy and graphics, for various websites.
- Managing website maintenance and updates.
- Working with outside consultants on website development, improvements, and troubleshooting.
- Coordinate design needs by creating necessary graphics in-house or by working with outside designers.
- Designing new (or utilizing existing) email templates to be used in email service platforms.
- Formatting of reports, flyers, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Assembling simple videos for promotional and social media purposes.
- Developing and planning social media content, images, and graphics based on established organizational guidelines.
- Maintaining a social media calendar and monitoring social media engagement on a day-to-day basis.
- Scheduling and posting social media posts.
- Lead social media outreach for events through creation of toolkits, graphics, and content to be shared with partners, sponsors, etc.
- Managing New Jersey Future photo libraries.
- Research opportunities and ideas for enhanced communications impact of NJF’s outreach efforts (such as web enhancements, Google Ads, social media platforms, etc.)
- Virtual and in-person event coordination of printed materials, including program books, signage, and updating documents.
- At least one year of social media and graphic design experience.
- Demonstrated track record of working well in a team environment.
- Associate’s degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Solid organizational skills, including ability to organize project tasks and work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Experience working in multiple social media platforms and maintaining a social media post calendar.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and website design.
- Basic understanding of Wordpress website development, website hosting, and domain registration and maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience working with an email provider (Constant Contact preferred) and design software (Adobe Creative Suite and Canva preferred).
- Experience with video production and editing software programs and tools.
- Solid skills in Google Workspace and Microsoft Office.
- Motivated by the organization’s issues and a strong mission-driven work ethic.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
COMPENSATION: The full-time salary for this position is in the range of $40,000 to $48,000 and depends on the candidate’s experience and skills. Salary is negotiable. The full-time position comes with benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short and long term disability.
APPLICATION: Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to HR@njfuture.org. If selected to advance, relevant references and work samples will be required.
As of January 12, 2022, New Jersey Future is on a temporary remote-work schedule. When it is safe to do so, New Jersey Future employees will return to a hybrid work-from-home and in-office schedule.