Type of Job
$70,000 to $75,000
Aug 8, 2022
About the job
The mission of Urban Green Council is to decarbonize buildings for healthy and resilient communities.We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Development Manager to manage key fundraising activities. The manager will be responsible for helping develop and execute an annual fundraising plan, and managing corporate memberships, foundation and government grants, our annual gala, individual gifts, and special campaigns.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Communications and Development, the Development Manager will be responsible for executing Urban Green’s fundraising priorities and managing the Development Coordinator.
This will be a largely remote position, but will be required to be onsite for special events and meetings in the New York City area. All Urban Green staff are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted against Covid-19.
A person who will succeed in this role:
- Excels at thinking creatively on how to reach and engage our diverse supporter base including corporations, foundations and individual members.
- Has strong written and interpersonal communication skills and enjoys interacting with external stakeholders and developing fundraising proposals of $100k or more.
- Is detail-oriented and has the ability to accurately track supporter communications, revenue, and next steps for engagement.
- Effectively collaborates and coordinates with program staff on fundraising projects, especially foundation and government grants,.
A few other qualities we are looking for include:
- Thorough understanding of and enthusiasm for Urban Green’s mission and priorities, and the ability to convey this knowledge in a compelling way in written and verbal communication with partners, donors, and members.
- At least seven years’ fundraising experience.
- Prior experience cultivating, recruiting, and managing corporate donors, ideally in the NYC real estate, design and construction sectors.
- Experience in the environmental nonprofit sector, especially foundation and government funding.
- Experience working with Salesforce or a similar CRM database.
- In coordination with the CEO and Sr. Director of Development and Communications, develops and executes a fundraising plan with clear financial goals and milestones.
- In coordination with the Sr. Director of Development and Communications cultivates and maintains positive relationships with current and potential organizational and individual donors and foundations.
- Oversees organizational and individual membership programs and cultivation including prospect research, proposal customization and presentation, and follow-ups.
- Supervises Development Coordinator, who manages day-to-day organizational membership and fundraising events including quarterly Member Receptions, special donor events and the annual Gala.
- Collaborates with the education team to grow earned revenue and provide streamlined communication to partners.
- Works with operations team to provide monthly and annual fundraising reporting, reconciliation, cash flow, and income projections.
- Manages foundation and government grant application research and submission.
- Develops communication materials supporting fundraising activities.
Benefits and Compensation: The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $75,000. Offers will be made commensurate to experience. Benefits include:
- 100% employee coverage for medical and dental
- 401k with 4% employer match
- 15 vacation days in the first year, 8 paid holidays, and 2 personal days
- Office closure between Christmas and New Years
- Early closure on Fridays during the summer
- 100% employee coverage for Life, Short Term and Long Term disability insurance
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please fill out this application form. After submitting your application, you can expect to hear from our hiring team regarding their decision within a few weeks. You may reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, but applications received by email will not be reviewed.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
Urban Green Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Urban Green’s Organizational Values:
- Excellence: We strive for innovative high-quality programs and ideas.
- Inclusion: The diverse voices and backgrounds of our employees, board of directors, members, and partners make us stronger.
- Collaboration: We believe consensus delivers better solutions and teamwork is essential to our success.
Engagement: We promote a culture of performance, participation, and curiosity.