DC metro area
Type of Job
$45,000 - $80,000
Jun 6, 2021
About the job
Our Mission: Rock Creek Conservancy restores Rock Creek and its parklands as a natural oasis for all people to appreciate and protect.
Overview:The Development Manager will work closely with the Executive Director to develop and advance effective fundraising programs and activities that assist in garnering the resources to advance our mission. This is a key position which plans, coordinates, and assures implementation of strategies to develop donors and contributions to support the organization. The position will be responsible for overseeing all fundraising activities for Rock Creek Conservancy including events, direct mail, foundation and government grants, major donors, and corporate support.
- Support short- and long-term strategic fundraising planning and philanthropic positioning to rapidly grow philanthropic support
- Lead implementation of the Conservancy’s fundraising efforts, with a strong emphasis on individual giving
- Manage the fundraising database and oversee staff responsible for data entry, gift processing, producing acknowledgements, tracking Gala information, and producing renewal and membership mailings
- Support strategic development and oversee implementation of communications
- Guide fundraising events, including the annual Rock Creek Gala
· Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of fundraising experience
· Demonstrated success in building major gifts and other individual giving
· Has a track record of collaboration and working effectively across teams
· Experience fundraising for a National Park Service partner a plus
· Must be flexible to work evenings and extended hours when needed
· Salesforce experience strongly desired
Rock Creek Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer. The Conservancy’s offices are temporarily remote, but the position must be local to attend donor events and participate in field activities. The salary range for this position is $45,000 - $80,000, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line “Development Manager.”