New York City
Type of Job
Mar 23, 2023
About the job
Urban Green Council seeks a highly motivated and enthusiastic Coordinator of Development to manage key fundraising activities. The coordinator will be responsible for supporting annual fundraising goals and managing key fundraising events.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development and Communications, the Coordinator will support donor outreach and cultivation, reporting and tracking, as well as the coordination and execution of several fundraising events throughout the year.
Though Urban Green Council is a hybrid workplace, the Coordinator must live in the greater NYC area and be able to attend regular in person meetings, events, and activities in Manhattan. All Urban Green staff are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted against Covid-19.
A person who will succeed in this role:
- Is organized and enjoys planning and managing events.
- Has strong written and interpersonal communication skills and enjoys interacting with external stakeholders and developing fundraising proposals.
- Is detail-oriented and has the ability to accurately track supporter communications, revenue, and next steps for engagement.
- Effectively collaborates and coordinates with program staff on fundraising projects, especially foundation and government grants.
A few other qualities we are looking for include:
- Experience working with Salesforce or a similar CRM database.
- Experience in the environmental nonprofit sector, especially event planning or foundation and government funding.
- Enthusiasm for Urban Green’s mission and priorities, and the ability to convey this in written and verbal communication with partners, donors, and members.
- In coordination with the Senior Director of Development and Communications, engage with current and prospective donors and members by providing relevant programmatic and fundraising information and benefits, and all follow-up information including invoices and acknowledgement letters.
- Research major giving prospects and manage donor lists.
- Assist with sponsor prospecting, proposal customization and presentation, contract revision and servicing, sponsor follow-up, and support.
- Works effectively with the Senior Director of Development and Communications and operations team to provide monthly and annual fundraising reporting, reconciliation, cash flow, and income projections.
- Assist with foundation and government grant application research and support as required.
- Develop communication materials supporting the fundraising activities.
- Assist in implementing and tracking fundraising goals and objectives.
- Coordinate and execute quarterly Member Reception events.
Annual Gala Execution
- Work with the event manager to coordinate gala logistics and planning.
- Respond to all gala-related phone and email inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Create gala invoices in Salesforce and send to gala sponsoring firms and individuals.
- Assist communications team with gala outreach and event promotion.
- Track registration and solicit guest names from sponsoring firms and individuals.
- Manage guest registration logistics including name tag creation and guest check-in.
Benefits and Compensation: The salary for this position is $50,000 - 55,000. Benefits include:
- 100% employee coverage for medical and dental
- 401k with 4% employer match
- 100% employee coverage for Life, Short Term and Long Term disability insurance
- 15 vacation days in the first year, 8 paid holidays, and 2 personal days
- Office closure between Christmas and New Years
- Early closure on Fridays year round, Full Friday closure in July & August
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please fill out this application form. After submitting your application, you can expect to hear from our hiring team regarding their decision within a few weeks. You may reach out to email@example.com with any questions, but applications received by email will not be reviewed.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
We believe the path to decarbonizing buildings and creating healthy and resilient communities includes a diverse team of people with different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. At Urban Green Council we are committed to championing diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our organization, including our recruitment and hiring practices. We encourage you to apply if you are excited about this position and can see yourself in this role, even if your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed.
Urban Green Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or interview process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Urban Green’s Organizational Values
- Excellence: We strive for innovative high-quality programs and ideas.
- Inclusion: The diverse voices and backgrounds of our employees, board of directors, members, and partners make us stronger.
- Collaboration: We believe consensus delivers better solutions and teamwork is essential to our success.
- Engagement: We promote a culture of performance, participation, and curiosity.