Development Associate & Database Analyst
Type of Job
Apr 22, 2021
About the job
Deadline for submission: May 21st
Work Schedule: Non-exempt, Full-time
Conservation Colorado is looking for a Development Associate and Database Analyst to be a key part of the Development Team. This person will be responsible for entering donation data, processing gifts, and providing data support for the fundraising team. They will also contribute to a growing team that is charged with increasing the base of support for Conservation Colorado.
About Conservation Colorado
Conservation Colorado is committed to protecting our climate, air, lands, water, and communities. Conservation Colorado’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects our commitment to racial and social justice. Particularly by ensuring that policy victories are shared by all Coloradans including Black, Indigenous, Latinx, and other people of color, and other frontline communities.
We achieve these goals by organizing people and electing conservation-minded policymakers. We work closely with policy leaders, activists, businesses, and other organizations, and have built a reputation as one of the leading conservation advocacy organizations in the region. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture of policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
What You’ll Do
This position is critical to the expansion of Conservation Colorado’s base of support and the diversification of its donor base. Our strategic plan calls for us to grow a donor base that reflects the diversity of Colorado and this position will help us to track our progress, identify challenges, and spot opportunities. The person in this job will be involved in helping to formulate fundraising strategy and annual plans in collaboration with other Development team members.
Donor Support and Donation Processing:
- Providing excellent donor service by following up on questions, changes, and comments from donors at all levels
- Entering fundraising data into the database including contributions, interactions, and acknowledgements
- Responsible for donor record maintenance and data hygiene in Salesforce, including one-off cleaning projects
Fundraising Analysis and Documentation:
- Tracking and reporting fundraising results to spot opportunities
- Creating donor data selections for donor solicitations and communications
- Creating and updating documentation for the fundraising to document processes and decisions
- Owning data analysis and reporting on the fundraising team
In addition to your regular responsibilities, all staff are expected to participate at some level in organizational priorities including taking part in our election-related activities and committing to our organizational efforts around equity & inclusivity.
If you’ve got a keen interest in fundraising and data, this job may be for you. To be successful in this job, you’ll have the collaborative spirit, detail orientation, and interest in data to work well with our team. More specifically, you will have or be most or all of the following:
- Excellent attention to detail and a problem-solving orientation.
- An interest in data. You’ll need to be comfortable working in databases and interested in analyzing and using data to help make decisions. If you’re familiar with fundraising databases, all the better, but it’s not a requirement.
- Spirit of helping: You aim to give our donors a “wow” experience through your work and are dedicated to helping staff with donor-data related questions and generally helping to solve donor problems.
- A dedication to collaboration and teamwork. We are a team that works closely together to build a strong, vibrant fundraising program. Working on projects with other people, contributing your opinions, and helping strategize around new ideas are all a part of the work.
- A commitment to increasing racial equity in our movement and organization: Have the skills to work with all types of people and to make our donors feel welcome and included in our work.
Spanish/English bilingual is a skill we value, but it is not a requirement. This is a full-time job but there can be some flexibility in the exact schedule.
Compensation and Benefits:
We provide high-quality, zero-deductible health insurance and a strong benefits package that includes a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with match, at least 28 days of paid time off & holidays as well as 6 sick days in your first year, and parental leave and a sabbatical program. The full-time salary range for this role is between $38,000-$42,000 with exact salary depending on experience and new staff rarely starting at the top of the range. This job offers an opportunity to engage people to find solutions to some of the most important environmental issues in Colorado and work with a great team that is committed to a better, more equitable future. It will be challenging, inspiring, and sometimes frustrating, but you’ll be making a big difference.
We are committed to building a more diverse and inclusive organization and conservation movement to fully represent and engage all Coloradans and to build as powerful a movement as we can. Recruiting staff that better reflects Colorado is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, race, ethnicity, geographies, political affiliation, and all other identities represented in Colorado or protected by law.
If this job speaks to you please visit our online portal here where you can upload your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 references (don’t worry; we will not contact your references without first discussing that with you).
Online Portal Link - https://airtable.com/shrhDlnkAyYq0pOCR