Development and Operations Associate
Type of Job
Mar 6, 2022
About the job
Conservation Voters of PA is the statewide political voice for the environment. We elect environmentally responsible candidates to state and local offices, advocate for strong environmental policies, and hold our elected officials accountable to safeguard the health of our communities, the beauty of our state, and the strength of our economy.
The Development and Operations Associate is primarily responsible for supporting CVPA’s fundraising efforts and internal operations. Their work will fall under three categories.
- Development: Work directly with the Executive Director to plan, execute, and oversee organizational fundraising priorities. Duties may include planning and executing fundraising events (including full planning and ownership of annual Green Gala), assisting the Executive Director with high-dollar individual fundraising and grant writing, and collaborating with the digital team to plan for and execute online fundraising campaigns.
- Financial Operations: Responsibilities may include ensuring organizational compliance through filing campaign finance and lobbying reports, assisting with annual IRS filings, and assisting the Executive Director with board and general financial management.
- HR Operations: Associate will work with Senior Leadership to establish and improve key HR policies and practices, particularly focusing on hiring and performance reviews. Additional duties will include providing operational support to Executive Director and other staff members as assigned.
Specific Job Duties:
- Work with the Executive Director and other teams throughout the organization to plan and manage low-dollar, event, and online fundraising initiatives.
- Work with the Executive Director to execute the annual Green Gala fundraising event.
- Effectively communicate CVPA’s programmatic priorities to supporters through written communications - including fundraising emails, renewal letters, direct mail appeals, and stewardship materials.
- As needed, support the fundraising activities of Board Members and the Executive Director, including donor research, call time management, and grant writing.
- Manage all aspects of operations for fundraising, including tracking fundraising efforts and performance, processing contributions, managing contribution and donor data in EveryAction CRM, and generating acknowledgement letters.
- Collaborating with staff across the organization to identify opportunities and implement activities to attract new supporters and/or transition members and volunteers into financial supporters of the organization.
- Work with the Executive Director to implement and improve all operational policies and procedures for the organization, helping to provide a strong, sustainable, equitable, and transparent foundation for programmatic activities.
- Work with the Executive Director to facilitate planning processes (ie: strategic planning, cross-departmental programming).
- Direct and execute HR processes, including hiring processes (posting jobs, gathering applications, and coordinating onboarding processes)
- Manage annual staff evaluation process.
- Respond to day-to-day needs of staff members and provide additional operations support to the Executive Director, as needed.
- Schedule, communicate about, prepare for, and take minutes at all board meetings.
- Ensure organizational compliance through preparing and filing lobbying and campaign finance reports
- Work with the Executive Director, auditors, and bookkeeper to prepare, review, and file annual 990s and audits.
- Work with CVPA’s bookkeeper to review monthly financial reports and track grant spending.
- Handle logistics as needed related to finances, compliance, contracts, technology, and utilities.
The following skills are required for the successful applicant:
- Strong commitment to CVPA’s mission.
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience, including in development, operations and administration, HR, or similar field.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial justice and equity.
- Excellent personal organization and time management skills.
- Collaborative spirit. Must be a dependable team player.
- Strong written communication skills and ability to connect with people.
The following skills and experience are preferred for the successful applicant:
- Experience working in a nonprofit or political organization.
- Experience working with IRS or Campaign Finance compliance regulations.
- Experience working with CRM databases.
- Experience in writing fundraising materials, securing donations, or event planning.
The right person for this role will be highly motivated, detail-oriented, have excellent written communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Compensation: $42,000. Benefits include medical and dental coverage; 401K with employer match; paid vacation and sick leave; life insurance; and short- and long-term disability coverage.
Position Requirements: This is a full-time, remote position based in Pennsylvania, with a preference for candidates in Philadelphia.
Submissions: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references to email@example.com. Please write “Development and Operations Associate” in the subject line. Phone calls will not be accepted. Applications will be processed on a rolling basis.
Conservation Voters of PA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a just, equitable, and inclusive workplace, and encourages people from all backgrounds to apply. CVPA celebrates diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; sex; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; age; religion; national origin; ancestry; citizenship status; disability; association or relationship with a person with a disability; use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals; familial status; veteran status; pregnancy or related condition; having a GED rather than a high school diploma; or any other basis protected by law. CVPA’s hiring and employment decisions are based solely on merit, qualifications, and business needs.