Development and Communications Manager
Type of Job
Aug 11, 2023
About the job
Development and Communications Manager
Pollinator Partnership (P2) is looking for an experienced and passionate professional who possesses the skills to oversee the organization’s development and communications activities. The Development and Communications Manager will carry out the goals development and marketing plans, working to increase brand identity and unrestricted major gifts. The successful candidate should be a detailed-oriented professional, have proven fundraising, communications, and capacity building experience, and be committed to the mission and values of P2. This staff will report directly to the Executive Director.
About Pollinator Partnership:
Pollinator Partnership is the world’s largest nonprofit dedicated exclusively to the health of pollinating animals. For 25 years, P2 has championed the vitality of pollinators, critical to our food and ecosystems, through conservation, research, education, and collaboration. www.pollinator.org
50% Development and Fundraising
● Execute and adapt the development plan, working to meet the organization’s financial goals
● Research, identify, and secure unrestricted grant opportunities
● Build new donor relationships while maintaining ongoing ones, encouraging recurring and planned-giving commitments
● Manage fundraising campaigns including the annual appeal through newsletters, solicitations, and media campaigns
● Improve existing donor databases to streamline efficiencies and capitalize on investment
● Manage and supervise development associate staff
● Plan and execute in-person and virtual fundraising events
● Provide plans, updates, and progress to the Board of Directors
50% Communications and Marketing
● Uphold branding and marketing themes to project a cohesive identify for the organization
● Execution and guidance of marketing plan
● Establish an annual communications schedule, keeping alignment with public trends and hot topics
● Content and messaging strategy for digital, print, and social media
● Identify news and media outlets to share the organization's stories and programs
● Management of monthly organization-wide newsletter and support for program newsletters
● Manage Google Ads and report on analytics
● Manage and supervise communications associate staff
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Degree in a relevant field such as communications, marketing, nonprofit management, business administration, or equivalent professional experience
● 3+ years experience in non-profit fundraising, grant procurement, development, marketing, and/or communications
● Strong organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail, with demonstrated ability to manage demanding workloads
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to develop and give engaging presentations
● Ability to engage a wide range of audiences
● Ability to lead and direct others
● Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
● Knowledge of software such as the Adobe design suite, Canva, Salesforce, and Instrumentl
Location: United States. This is a remote position and an office will not be provided.
Schedule, Compensation, and Benefits: Full-time, salaried, exempt position, scheduled to work ~40 hours/week with some scheduling flexibility. Beginning salary range $65,000-$75,000, commensurate with experience. Travel, lodging, mileage, and per diem expenses will be reimbursed, but are not to exceed a set amount. This position includes a generous benefits package: twelve paid holidays, paid time off, paid health, vision, life, and dental insurance, option to participate in a retirement program, and a flexible work environment.
Anticipated Start Date: Late September-Early October 2023
Terms: Pollinator Partnership is an at-will employer. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin on September 1, 2023, and will continue until a suitable candidate is identified.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should combine their cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references into one PDF using the following naming convention “Last Name_Development and Communications Manager” and apply by filling out the form at this link: P2 Application - Development and Communications Manager (jotform.com)
Pollinator Partnership is an equal opportunity employer. Pollinator Partnership offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.