Development & Operations Assistant
Salt Lake City, Utah
Type of Job
$19 - $22 per hour
Feb 11, 2022
About the job
POSITION SUMMARY: Utah Clean Energy is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to serve as our Development & Operations Assistant. This is a new position within our organization that will support Utah Clean Energy as we embark upon an ambitious capital campaign and expansion of our programs. This part-time Development & Operations Assistant will support the Development Director for donor acknowledgment and appreciation, database entry, prospect research, events; and support key staff for administrative and operations duties to help achieve Utah Clean Energy’s mission.
ABOUT US: Utah Clean Energy is a nonprofit climate solutions organization based in Salt Lake City that advocates in Utah and the West. Our multi-disciplinary team is leading and accelerating the clean energy transformation with vision and expertise. We are committed to creating a future that ensures healthy, thriving communities for all, empowered and sustained by clean energy.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
· Support the timely acknowledgement of gifts and assure that all types of donations (cash, pledges, matching gifts, and planned gifts) are properly documented
· Prepare accurate research on donor prospects and assemble materials for cultivation and solicitation visits
· Ensure data integrity through accurate database entry and ongoing database clean-up efforts
· Coordinate the printing and distribution of recurring appeals and stewardship materials
· Assist with the writing and editing of appeals, acknowledgements, donor news, reports, and proposals
· Assist with donor events planning, preparation and execution, and processing of online RSVPs.
· Support key operations activities and data tracking for the organization, working with the Operations Manager
· Support staff on scheduling, communication, and events.
Ideally, applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree and experience working in a nonprofit organization on fundraising and/or donor relations activities. Relevant administrative work and/or community experience will be considered as a potential substitute for a degree.
In addition, we are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
· Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Experience with Network for Good database is a plus.
· Passionate about mitigating the climate crisis and creating a clean and equitable energy future.
· Excited to engage in fundraising activities that advance Utah Clean Energy’s mission.
· Highly organized and self-directed, with the ability to work independently, while being flexible in a fast-paced, collaborative, and evolving environment.
· Desire to be a part of an influential team of professionals, who embrace high quality, impactful work, and a healthy work-life balance.
· Eager to take on a wide variety of tasks and help with all aspects of a small nonprofit organization, including nurturing relationships to support continued growth of our fundraising activities and programs and the general operations of Utah Clean Energy.
Equity and social justice are critical components of Utah Clean Energy’s mission, values, and strategic pathways. We welcome candidates from an array of backgrounds and experiences to join our team. Learn more about our commitment here: https://utahcleanenergy.org/energy-equity/
COMPENSATION: The pay range for this position is $19-$22 per hour and is a part-time, non-exempt position. Compensation is dependent on relevant and demonstrated experience.
Utah Clean Energy’s part-time benefits include 403(b) retirement plan contributions and paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave. This position is based in Salt Lake City, Utah and provides the opportunity to work in a relaxed environment close to recreation opportunities in Utah.
TIMELINE AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
• Please email a cover letter, resume, and professional writing sample to email@example.com. (Please, no phone calls.)
• Position open until filled, with preference for applications received by February 22, 2022.
Utah Clean Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and disability.