Decarbonization Associate (2022-2326)
Arlington, Virginia; Boston, MA
Type of Job
The estimated starting salary for this position is $85,000.
Oct 5, 2022
About the job
Who We Are
At Cadmus, we recognize that solving the world’s most challenging problems can’t be accomplished alone or with cookie-cutter solutions. That’s why we look for team players and problem solvers who are driven to use their unique perspectives and intellectual curiosity to help deliver breakthrough solutions that achieve transformative goals. On the Cadmus team, you’ll collaborate with leading experts to help our clients across the globe.
Cadmus’ mission is to deploy industry-leading expertise to help our clients achieve extraordinary results that strengthen society and the natural world. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, a vibrant and collaborative work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. We are committed to advancing diversity and fostering a culture of equity in the workplace and across society, and we strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all employees feel connected, respected, and valued.
Join Cadmus. Let’s solve the world’s most challenging problems together.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Cadmus Group seeks a motivated mid-level consultant to join our growing Sustainability and Resilience Practice. The Sustainability and Resilience Practice directly supports government, corporate, and non-profit organizations seeking to achieve ambitious climate and clean energy goals; and the design and implementation of net zero buildings and facilities is crucial to the successful achievement of these goals.
With Cadmus, you will contribute to the clean energy transition and climate solutions through the development, delivery, and implementation of decarbonization strategies. You will also support clients in the areas of building energy efficiency and electrification, distributed energy technology deployment, stakeholder engagement, material development, and outreach. You’ll be working in a team-oriented environment providing technical, communications, program administration, and policy review and analysis support help meet Cadmus’ high standards of excellence. The candidate should have a working knowledge of topics relevant to decarbonization of the built environment. The ideal candidate should be detail-oriented, motivated, and have experience managing contributions of junior staff members.
- Manage and deliver projects that support government and nonprofit client decarbonization policies. Involves ensuring high quality client deliverables in all activities managing the work of project teams as assigned, monitoring project schedules, budgets, and scopes against plan.
- Lead qualitative and/or quantitative analysis including policy cost analysis, feasibility assessments, surveys, and interviews, focused on technical, policy, and/or financial implications of clean energy technologies.
- Developing and reviewing guidance documents, reports, case studies, presentations, and other documents.
- Foster successful, productive, and sustained client relationships.
- Support opportunity capture and proposal efforts, including administering data calls, coordinating subcontractor team members, preparing technical writing, and pricing.
- Help develop business and promote Cadmus’ brand through conferences and presentations.
- Minimum 5 years and a Master’s degree, or 7 years relevant work experience and a Bachelor’s degree, of relevant work experience in the facility management, decarbonization, or sustainability sector.
- Familiarity with greenhouse gas inventories and building electrification and efficiency measures.
- Excellent writing, communication, and critical thinking skills, and experience producing reports that clearly communicate technical analyses and results for the general public.
- Experience managing projects and/or workstreams.
- Excellent writing, communication, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong organization and detail-oriented skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Some travel may be required for this job.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Perm Resident or U.S. Citizen.
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
The estimated starting salary for this position is $85,000. The actual salary may be higher and will be determined by several factors, including relevant work experience, education, skills, and market competitiveness.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, and compliance with Cadmus’ vaccination verification procedures, is a condition of employment with Cadmus, unless the individual is legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation. Prospective and/or new U.S. employees will be required to submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. “Full vaccination” means two weeks have passed since the individual received: 1) their second shot in a two-dose vaccine series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) or 2) their shot in a single-dose vaccine series (such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). Information regarding the process for requesting a reasonable accommodation will be included in the offer letter issued to any prospective employee.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation (including gender identity and/or expression), national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com