Data Services Assistant
San Francisco, CA
Type of Job
$60,200 - $66,900
Apr 21, 2021
About the job
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are guided by a passionate, ambitious vision for the future for people and our planet: until justice stands for all, we will never rest. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
The Data Services Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day processing of gifts received from a variety of sources including our direct mail processing vendor, in-house mail and online. The Assistant is responsible for batch import, data review and coding in the donor database for revenue received. In addition to processing donations, the Assistant will also update constituent biographical information during batch gift processing and as needed. The Assistant is responsible for generating revenue acknowledgment files, and ensuring that these files are reviewed for accuracy. This position reports to the Data Services Manager.
Revenue Processing (65%)
- Process gifts via batch entry processes, including low dollar revenue and high dollar revenue.
- Process donor biographical information via batch processes.
- Import and export data related to revenue transactions for special projects such as donor survey information or other special outreach by fundraising staff.
- Complete regularly scheduled data hygiene routines to ensure data integrity.
- Process donor credit/debit cards, bank deposits and online gifts.
- Process tribute and memorial gifts received through online and offline channels.
- Manage, record, route and store gift documentation as needed.
- Interact with Development staff as necessary to facilitate proper gift entry and donor acknowledgement.
- Handle donor refunds and bank returns and ensure that relevant information regarding revenue adjustments is relayed to Finance.
- Process revenue associated with the C4 entity, Earthjustice Action, and ensures that gift coding and check deposit follows Earthjustice Action guidelines.
- Ensure that all coding of gifts is compatible with acknowledgment process, and monitor gifts for any special acknowledgment handling
- Deposit checks using an electronic check deposit system and reconcile check deposits with database entry.
- Respond to staff requests for gift revenue information as necessary.
- Complete special data entry and administrative projects, as assigned.
Donor Acknowledgment (10%)
- Generates acknowledgment files for gifts.
- Reviews acknowledgment files for accuracy or any coding errors and relays that information to Data Services.
- Manages any issues with acknowledgment files and ensures that files are delivered on time to our vendor.
- Relevant work experience in a fast paced data processing role.
- Experience working with a donor database or constituent relationship management system, preferably Blackbaud Enterprise CRM or the Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to follow detailed procedures for processing constituent and financial data with a high level of accuracy.
- Experience with the Raiser's Edge or Blackbaud Enterprise CRM or similar fundraising software.
- Experience with Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Ability to quickly and accurately process donations through batch entry.
- Experience working in a revenue processing function in a non-profit fundraising organization preferred.
- Ability to convey technical information effectively.
- Well-organized, attentive to detail and timeliness.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to upload gift documentation via a document management system (DMS)
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits that are comprehensive and competitive. We also offer an extremely congenial work environment and a casual dress code.
Salary is based on experience and location.
Salary range in San Francisco, CA: $60,200 - $66,900
Interested candidates should submit the following via Jobvite:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references.
Click here to apply: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=of3fffww&s=GreenLatinos
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles:We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.