Data Scientist (2022-2173)
Arlington, VA; Portland, OR; Atlanta, GA; Oakland, CA
Type of Job
Commensurate on experience
Jan 12, 2022
About the job
Who We Are
At Cadmus, we recognize that solving the world’s most challenging problems can’t be accomplished alone or with cookie-cutter solutions. That’s why we look for team players and problem solvers who are encouraged to use their unique perspectives and intellectual curiosity to help deliver breakthrough solutions that achieve transformative goals like accelerating decarbonization and clean energy adoption. At Cadmus, you’ll collaborate with leading energy experts to help our clients across the globe incorporate renewable energy, reduce electricity consumption, improve distributed energy systems, and attain energy equity.
Cadmus’ mission is to deploy industry-leading expertise to help our clients achieve extraordinary results that strengthen society and the natural world. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, a vibrant and collaborative work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. We are committed to advancing diversity and fostering a culture of equity in the workplace and across society, and we strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all employees feel connected, respected, and valued.
Join Cadmus. Let’s solve the world’s most challenging problems together.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Cadmus data scientist, you’ll use your data science tool kit to support Cadmus technical and strategy consulting projects in the energy sector. Many of these projects will indirectly or directly support our utility-sector clients’ goals of decarbonizing power systems, enhancing grid stability, reducing supply costs, or improving the reliability, quality, and equity of service. You will work on a variety of fast-moving, data-driven analysis projects involving
- Forecasting growth in adoption of electric vehicles or distributed energy resources such as battery storage systems and solar PV systems at the system and local distribution levels
- Predicting participation of utility customers in demand side management programs, uptake of different consumer products such as smart thermostats or EVs, or utility customer electricity consumption behaviors
- Evaluating the electricity demand impacts and cost-effectiveness of distributed energy resource programs or policies involving battery storage systems, water heaters, electric vehicles, or energy efficiency products
- Assessing the impacts and cost-effectiveness of utility dynamic or time-of-use electricity pricing or behavior-based programs
- Assisting utilities with forecasting electricity consumption and peak electricity demand
- Work independently and collaboratively to deliver high-value solutions to clients.
- Select and apply appropriate statistical or predictive analysis methods or other analytic solutions to address research questions
- Contribute to design and implementation of research projects including data collection and analysis methods
- Clearly and confidently report and present results and findings, as well as actionable recommendations, to clients and stakeholders
- Help maintain and enhance Cadmus’ reputation through publication and conference presentations
- Contribute to project management and oversight in close collaboration with project managers and principals to ensure timely delivery of client deliverables
- Master’s in data science, applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, or related field with 3+ years of relevant work experience, or a B.A. in one of these fields with 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong command of predictive analytics methods (e.g., LASSO regression, random forests, clustering/segmentations algorithms)
- Strong command of programming in one or more statistical software languages (preferably R, Python, or SQL) with working knowledge of one or more ML libraries/packages, such as scikit-learn, h2o, XGBoost, Tensorflow, etc.
- Experience with data extraction, cleaning and transformation libraries in R or Python (pandas, dplyr, etc.)
- Engineer data pipelines and products to help clients make data driven decisions
- Creating visual and interactive dashboards via Shiny or PowerBI
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with other project team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to explain technical information to a non-technical audience
- Desire to grow professionally and take on challenging work assignments.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Knowledge of econometric and statistical inference methods (e.g., ANOVA, multivariate regression, discrete choice analysis, time series methods)
- Experience with Apache Spark, Databricks, and Azure technologies
- Familiarity with or work experience in the energy sector and/or utility industry
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Perm Resident or U.S. Citizen
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, and compliance with Cadmus’ vaccination verification procedures, is a condition of employment with Cadmus, unless the individual is legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation. Prospective and/or new U.S. employees will be required to submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. “Full vaccination” means two weeks have passed since the individual received: 1) their second shot in a two-dose vaccine series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) or 2) their shot in a single-dose vaccine series (such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). Information regarding the process for requesting a reasonable accommodation will be included in the offer letter issued to any prospective employee.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com