CRM Data Administrator
Santa Rosa, CA
Type of Job
Jul 21, 2022
About the job
Job Title: CRM Database Administrator
Reports To: Director of Philanthropy
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Date: June 2022
Want to play your part in protecting our local communities from the impacts of climate change? Ready to roll up your sleeves to help achieve tangible results? Want to work with talented and deeply dedicated peopled in a national award-winning conservation organization? Then please read on!
Sonoma Land Trust (SLT) seeks an enthusiastic Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Database Administrator to join our dedicated team of conservation practitioners to help take our fundraising and communications efforts to the next level.
SLT serves a diverse audience with broad cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders and orientations. We encourage applications from candidates who reflect and value the audiences and populations we serve.
The CRM Database Administrator is responsible for managing Sonoma Land Trust’s fundraising database and helping the organization communicate with targeted audiences. This highly analytical and motivated individual serves in a leadership role within database administration at a time when the Philanthropy Department is upgrading its CRM database to a new platform and reorganizing several auxiliary programs (e.g. donation processing, wealth screening, email marketing platform).
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, the Database Administrator supervises the Development Associate and is responsible for the configuration, management and maintenance of the database. During the conversion from the current CRM (eTapestry) to the new CRM (Virtuous), this person holds a leadership role in migration and data alignment tasks. This person works closely with Philanthropy Team members, as well as the Finance and Marketing Departments. Eventually, this position will help SLT define systems within the database that can support our relationships with volunteers, elected officials’ efforts and landowners with conservation easements.
Manage the CRM database in ways that facilitate greater fundraising results.
Database Management and Leadership
· Primary responsibility for shaping the design and customization of the CRM for optimal fundraising and communication results by developing and maintaining internal policies and procedures
· Responsible for the management of Virtuous, our donor database and corresponding programs such as Classy
· Leads the training of new and existing Sonoma Land Trust staff and board members in Virtuous
· Supervises Development Associate and oversees gift entry
· May assist with the processing of more complex gifts like stock gifts and gifts-in-kind as needed
· Oversees various operational needs of Philanthropy Department are met
· Sits on Data Governance Team and represents Philanthropy and Marketing departments’ needs
· Works to foster solutions and clarity among all members of the Data Governance Team
· As a member of the Data Governance Team, collaborates to define and document business decisions including documenting process flows, key terms for gifts, campaigns, appeals and segments
· Administers and oversees the database to ensure data is properly coded, entered and updated according to documentation
· Responsible for continuous enrichment of CRM data including regular address updates, captures of wealth screening data and defining and overseeing other data hygiene efforts
· Responsible for defining and documenting database fields and attributes
· Leads security efforts of the CRM, including managing access for staff and board members, assigning accounts, and defining permission levels
· Manages data imports and updates and provides support with data entry as needed
· Develops and maintains internal policies and procedures
Integration & Analysis
· Serves in a leadership capacity for the migration of current CRM (eTapestry) into new CRM (Virtuous)
· Serves Philanthropy, Executive, Community Engagement, Marketing and Government Affairs teams by creating queries and reports, both customized and standard, to analyze performance of various campaigns
· Run reports on a consistent basis to meet needs of organization
· Conducts research to analyze data and provide guidance on metrics for tracking overall giving
· Follows philanthropic giving trends and shares pertinent information with staff and volunteers
· Works closely with Marketing Director to support and analyze communication campaigns
· Creates solutions and builds capacity for segmentation of audiences
· Assists with technology needs of organization as needed
Ensure Data Integrity
· Maintains data integrity by regular system checks and audits
· Responsible for vendor relations (e.g., tracking contract renewals, training opportunities, submitting complex tickets to vendors, etc.)
· Responsible for timely gift acknowledgements being sent to donors, while being responsive to special donor requests
· Ensures the smooth process for the receipt of gifts, pledges or pledge payments, and acknowledgements
· Contributes to reconciliation efforts with Finance Department staff to ensure data is syncing across systems
· Assists with other duties and tasks, as assigned
· Strong commitment to the mission of Sonoma Land Trust
· Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
· Minimum of two years of experience in fundraising database management or administration required
Preferred Skills and Experience
· Experience with Virtuous CRM
· Experience with various CRM software programs in a non-profit fundraising environment
· Previous supervisory experience preferred
· Excellent computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
· Ability to work independently as well as with teams
· Able to meet specific deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
· Able to work occasional evening and weekend hours as necessary, especially during holidays (November through January)
Schedule, Salary & Benefits
Position is 40 hours per week.
Salary starting at $77,500 annually and is commensurate with experience. Benefits include generous employer contributions to medical, dental and vision insurance plans. Employer contribution to retirement plan after one year of employment. Paid time off includes 15 paid holidays, paid vacation based on tenure, and personal and parental leave in accordance with SLT policies and procedures.
This position is located at the Sonoma Land Trust office in Santa Rosa, California. Staff are working in a hybrid model.
About Sonoma Land Trust
Sonoma Land Trust works in alliance with nature to conserve and restore the integrity of the land, with a focus on climate resiliency. The organization is also committed to ensuring more equitable access to the outdoors. Since 1976, the non-profit Land Trust has protected more than 58,000 acres of scenic, natural, agricultural and open land for future generations. Sonoma Land Trust was the recipient of the 2019 Land Trust Alliance Award of Excellence and is accredited by the Land Trust Accreditation Commission. For more information, please visit Sonoma Land Trust’s website.
We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment that is representative of the communities we serve. We know that having varied perspectives leads to better outcomes to solve the complex problems of conservation, climate change and environmental justice in Sonoma County.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Sonoma Land Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We strive to create a diverse and inclusive organization and encourage applicants of all cultures, races, colors, religions, national or regional origins, sexes, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, gender identities, military or veteran status or other status protected by law.