Creative Services Manager
Type of Job
$43,000 - $50,000
May 19, 2021
About the job
Job Title: Creative Services Manager
Supervisor: Communications Director
Compensation: $43,000 - $50,000 (depending on experience); generous benefits (health, dental, retirement, vacation leave, holiday leave, and sick leave)
Classification: Full time; Exempt
Work Location: Helena preferred but will consider other Montana locations
About Montana Wilderness Association:
Founded in 1958, Montana Wilderness Association (MWA) works with communities to protect Montana’s wilderness heritage, quiet beauty, and outdoor traditions now and for future generations. At MWA, we believe that Montana’s wild places carry an intrinsic value. We also believe that public lands often contribute to our quality of life. These beliefs underscore why we work so hard to protect public lands, especially wild public lands, from development, degradation, and privatization. As we evolve and grow, we want to ensure these lands remain wild, healthy, and accessible, that all people feel welcome to enjoy them, and that all people who live in the United States have the opportunity to help determine how they are managed.
Summary of Position:
The creative services manager (CSM) oversees and delivers a broad range of creative assets and performs digital development duties in support of the goals and activities of Montana Wilderness Association and Wild Montana Action Fund (Action Fund). This position provides high-quality design, graphic artwork, and photography for our digital and print media and works collaboratively with staff and volunteers to develop inspiring artwork that attracts and engages our target audiences.
The CSM is a valued member of the communications team and works collaboratively to support all communication functions and tasks to create a successful team atmosphere for MWA and the Action Fund.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the communications team to produce coordinated and effective communications products.
- Oversee design of all communication assets including print, digital, and social.
- Design and creates high-quality, print-ready artwork including an annual book, newsletters, newsletter templates, annual reports, postcards, mailers, promotional flyers, posters, brochures, print ads, merchandise, large-scale graphics for events and various campaign and program materials.
- Design memes, graphics, and other visual media for MWA’s and the Action Fund’s web properties, social media channels, and print media.
- Work closely with communications staff to bring digital marketing campaigns to life.
- Produce drafts for review by others and make revisions based on the feedback received.
- Review final productions for errors and ensure products reflect the desired specifications.
- Design all digital media campaign assets, e-newsletter templates, web banners, and infographics.
- Serve as primary photographer for MWA and the Wild Montana Action Fund, providing high-quality photos of events, projects, members, volunteers, and landscapes, to be used in print, digital, and social media.
- Create short videos for MWA website and social media channels.
- Provide photography and video as needed for MWA’s websites, social media channels, and print media.
- Act as lead design contact with outside print vendors.
- Work with staff to develop an organizational design style guide with brand standards for image, style, icons, and logo usage.
- Develop and manage an easily-searchable database of MWA-owned and licensed photographs and videos.
- Conduct other communications tasks as assigned.
- Ability to showcase a stellar portfolio and real-world experience showcasing creative, design and software skills
- Demonstrated ability to use two or three-dimensional art to create visual concepts
- Strong knowledge of design and visual communication principles
- Ability to communicate brands visually and effectively and create or incorporate illustrations, pictures, and designs to reflect the desired theme and tone of the communications
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud graphic design programs
- Ability to communicate design choices clearly and effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and meet timelines
- Ability to promote the organization and increase member engagement.
- Experience with video production and GIS desirable, but not mandatory
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice
- Ability and willingness to conduct travel when needed.
- Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends when needed.
- Valid United States issued driver's license and be insurable.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews will occur on a rolling basis with a goal of job placement in July 2021.
How to apply
Please send a resume, one-page cover letter, and portfolio of original design and/or photography to MWA Operations Director Laura Parr at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted without a cover letter and design portfolio will not be considered. Cover letters should describe pertinent professional and personal experience. No phone calls please.
Montana Wilderness Association is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice. We work to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, compensation, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant based on identity, including but not limited to: race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental status, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, religion, disability and/or veteran's status. Applicants of all identities are encouraged to apply.