Corporate Junior Accountant
Type of Job
Jun 27, 2023
About the job
Sol Systems is seeking a Junior Accountant to join our Accounting team. If you are an energetic self-starter who is looking to grow quickly, taking on more responsibility as you improve your accounting and business skills, consider joining the Sol Systems team. In this role, you will work closely with Sol Systems’ Director of Accounting to support our accounting, tax, and financial reporting functions, all of which are integral parts of Sol Systems’ success.
Sol Systems is a leading solar energy firm based in Washington, DC, dedicated to building a more sustainable future. Founded in 2008, the company deploys renewable energy infrastructure across the United States, with a specific focus on ensuring that these projects have a positive economic impact on the communities in which they operate. The company has financed or developed over $2 billion of solar energy assets to date. We work with some of the largest corporations in the world to achieve a carbon-free and sustainable future. Sol has been founder-lead throughout its 15 years of operations, and is backed by KKR, one of the largest private equity firms in the world.
- Preparing journal entries based on the established calendar for our monthly, quarterly, or annual close.
- Recording cash transactions, both routine and complex.
- Completing account reconciliations, financial statements, and other analyses to support our close, consolidation and external reporting requirements.
- Innovating to create process efficiencies and optimize our use of available systems and technologies.
- Assisting with development, refinement, implementation, and documentation of accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls related to the corporate accounting, reporting, and tax function.
- Support and/or lead periodic special projects.
- You will also have the chance to work in other areas that you or we identify as important for building the team and our business.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Highly energetic and willing to learn new tasks quickly
- Hard-working and able to prioritize a large task load in a fast-paced environment
- Deadline oriented
- Self-Starter, hands-on, with careful attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 0-2+ years related experience in bookkeeping and accounting
- Strong Excel skills
Location & Hours: This is a hybrid position that will be based in our Washington DC office.
Commitment & Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Sol Systems provides health insurance, retirement benefits, partial fitness reimbursement, transportation benefits, education benefits, parental leave, paid vacation, sick and federal holidays, and the opportunity to work in a unique and dynamic environment.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Deadline: We hope to hire for these positions immediately and will review applicants on a rolling basis.
Sol Systems is an equal-opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on gender, race, ethnicity, orientation, creed, or other traits. Sol Systems supports and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.