Coordinator, Integrated Marketing
Washington, DC, United States
Type of Job
Oct 6, 2021
About the job
The Integrated Marketing Coordinator is responsible for providing day-to-day support for Defenders’ Integrated Marketing department including fundraising (direct mail, telemarketing, online), operations and cause marketing campaigns. Responsibilities will include constituent engagement, copy editing, production support, social media support and schedule management. The Coordinator will also be responsible for overseeing Defenders’ workplace giving campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee Defenders’ workplace giving campaigns including vendor management; process management; matching gift requests; completing workplace giving applications by deadline; coordinating advertising; representing Defenders at workplace giving fairs; ensuring that Defenders meets its annual requirement for participation.
- Support Defenders’ cause marketing partnerships through both online and offline promotions. Process, track and update license agreements under the supervision of legal counsel and VP; research and analyze potential partner opportunities.
- Serve as a resource for paid social media to monitor constituent feedback; provide standard responses and elevate any commentary that requires a deeper response.
- Provide proofreading services for copy and campaign artwork; serve as back-up for routing the copy through a series of in-house reviewers; provide modest writing support in coordination with the teams.
- Support growing constituent engagement efforts including peer-to-peer fundraising and post-event event attendee tracking and cultivation.
- Serve as a backup in processing departmental invoices; coordinate with the team to compile and submit month-end reports.
- Manage day-to-day correspondence on behalf of the department; maintain knowledge of department staff travel and schedules.
- Maintain files and office systems and follow all other administrative procedures.
- As needed, proofread draft reports, presentations and other publications for content, as well as coordinate any necessary printing, graphics and production.
- Coordinate scheduling, location, and the distribution of relevant materials and room or A/V set-up for select meetings, as needed.
- Complete and submit postage and check requests to Finance for the Direct Mail team.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s (B.A./B.S.) degree or equivalent
Experience: 1 year of relevant experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Visit www.defenders.org to apply.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Please be advised this position is union-eligible.
Defenders requires employees who engage in in-person work activities, including business travel or onsite work, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An applicant (i) who is disabled or pregnant or who has a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination or (ii) who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief, observance or practice may request an exemption from this vaccination policy. This determination will be made on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with applicable law. Any medical information concerning an applicant's disability will be treated as a confidential medical record in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws.