Coordinator, Finance & Compliance
Type of Job
$46,000 - $52,000
Nov 4, 2022
About the job
DEFENDERS OF WILDLIFE
JOB TITLE: Coordinator, Finance & Compliance
CLASSIFICATION: Assistant 3
SALARY: $46,000 - $52,000
LOCATION: Headquarters, Washington, DC
REPORTS TO: VP Finance, CFO
NUMBER OF DIRECT AND INDIRECT REPORT(S): 0
LAST REVISED: September 2022
This position assists all members of the Finance and Compliance teams. This position includes a wide variety of responsibilities including accounts payable assistance, contract workflow assistance, and compliance filings assistance.
This position works with all members of the Finance and Compliance teams as well as many members of other teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accounts Payable and General Ledger:
- Review all contract related accounts payable payment request submissions for appropriate remaining contract value and term to cover submission; work with staff to resolve any issues identified
- Download monthly corporate American Express Statement and distribute to cardholders for completion of expense reports
- Download monthly bank statements and monthly investments statements and save to the Finance network drive
- Perform review of all draft contract records within the contracts database for accuracy and completeness at the beginning of the contract workflow process
Assist with tasks associated with completion of ongoing miscellaneous filings including:
- State Registrations To Do Business filings
- State Certificates of Good Standing renewal filings
- State Personal Property Tax Filings
- Payroll correspondence with outsourced payroll provider
Perform all other related duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s (B.A./B.S.) degree or equivalent
Experience: 1 year of relevant experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Visit www.defenders.org to apply.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Defenders of Wildlife requires employees who engage in in-person work activities, including business travel or onsite work, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An applicant (i) who is disabled or pregnant or who has a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination or (ii) who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief, observance or practice may request an exemption from this vaccination policy. This determination will be made on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with applicable law. Any medical information concerning an applicant's disability will be treated as a confidential medical record in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Defenders of Wildlife provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, sex national origin, ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, personal appearance, family/parental status, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic in all personnel actions.
Please be advised this position is union-eligible.