Coordinator, Digital Membership
Type of Job
$50,000 - $55,000
Dec 16, 2022
About the job
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation has grown into America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 52 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters. The mission of the National Wildlife Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world. The National Wildlife Federation believes that in order to save wildlife and ourselves, we need to ensure that everyone in America has clean air and water, safe communities, easy and equitable access to the daily benefits of nature, and protection from the ravages of climate change. These basic needs, equally necessary and urgent for all people, are foundational to bringing the conservation movement and ethos into the 21st century.
To support our mission, we are seeking a Digital Membership Coordinator to join our team. As a Digital Membership Coordinator, you will assist the team with creating a digital presence to support the membership fundraising, advocacy, and engagement efforts of the National Wildlife Federation. You'll work collaboratively with teams across the Federation to create email, social media, and web content that is engaging, on-brand, and on-target, while listening to and representing the voices of our members, supporters, partners, and followers. You'll also support the Federation's fundraising, advocacy, and programmatic goals, uncovering opportunities, overcoming challenges, and fueling success across multiple engagement platforms with the end goal of increasing our membership base.
In this role you will:
- Support the development of integrated digital engagement membership campaigns utilizing fundraising appeals, advocacy activities, social media content, and website copy to support the Federation's revenue, advocacy, and program goals.
- Analyze performance metrics of membership campaigns and monitor progress toward goals, fine-tuning strategies as necessary. Evaluate the effectiveness of campaign strategies and use these insights to inform continuous improvement. Promote data-driven decision making.
- Work as part of a collaborative team to develop and implement effective and authentic digital engagement strategies and campaigns across a range of issues and conservation priorities.
- Serve as a knowledgeable and accessible resource about digital content, engagement strategies, and campaigns, helping our teams and partners achieve desired outcomes while further building the Federation’s brand and profile.
- Endeavor to stay abreast of innovative digital campaign methodologies and strategies, further your knowledge of industry trends and best practices, and foster a solid understanding of the National Wildlife Federation’s mission and values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Highschool diploma required.
- 1-2 years of related experience.
- Experience working in a member organization, in environmental conservation, or on political campaigns a plus.
- A passion for the preservation and protection of wildlife and wild places is desirable.
- Superior communications, time management and organization skills. Creative thinking. Problem solving. Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, coupled with strong initiative and willingness to take on projects and run with them.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS is desirable, as is familiarity with various CRM databases and reporting tools. Experience with digital engagement systems including Engaging Networks, Convio, BSD Tools, Salsa, MailChimp, Constant Contact, or similar would be ideal.
Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus. Your competencies should include:
- Being motivated by values of equity and responsibility to those most marginalized;
- Consistently bringing a high level of empathy and social skills to work and interpersonal interactions;
- Being committed to deepening an environmental justice approach in policy priorities, program development and partner engagement;
- Actively seeking feedback, direction, and guidance from all team members and keeping staff informed of decisions that impact them;
- Being dedicated to advancing NWF’s internal equity transformation and compelling partners and allies to incorporate equity into their work; and
- Passion for and commitment to NWF's mission.
Location and Work Mode:
This position will be based in our National Advocacy Center in Washington, DC . The National Wildlife Federation is committed to a flexible and empowered work environment with an authentic community of care for all staff. In this position, the employee may work in in the office, in a hybrid manner, or fully remote, to be decided jointly with their supervisor in the final stages of the interview process.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary for this position is $50,000-$55,000, commensurate with experience.
We are proud of our designation by Mogul as a Top 100 Workplace with the Best Benefits in 2021! We value work-life balance and a family-friendly atmosphere with flexible scheduling. We want you to be able to integrate work and personal life with attention to your self-care, so that your work schedule is not depleting. We offer benefits so you feel restored and fueled through the day and week.
We offer these supports to help manage your mental, emotional, and physical health:
- Paid time off: Vacation that starts off at three weeks accrual, unlimited wellbeing (this time can be used for physical, spiritual, emotional, cultural, religious or financial wellbeing for yourself, a partner, or family member – including pets), 10 holidays, and 3 floating holidays
- We close down for a paid winter break between December 25 to January 1 to recognize end of-year stress, and time for reflection, rejuvenation, and spending time with family.
- Up to 16 weeks of fully paid Family and Medical Leave
- Low-cost health, dental, and vision insurance options – all outpatient mental health is covered at in-network rates
- Therapist available at no cost
- Pet insurance and discount perk program
- Annual wellbeing allowance
In addition to your salary, we offer the following supports to your personal finances:
- Retirement plan with immediate match and vesting
- Annual year end retirement contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption and Surrogacy assistance
- Pet adoption stipend
- Student Loan management
Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s benefits package at https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers.
The National Wildlife Federation closely follows the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease and has implemented processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, and communities. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we conduct our hiring process virtually via phone or video until further notice. We are currently starting our positions as remote, and are continuing to explore what our future of work will be moving forward. Proof of vaccination will be required to join the National Wildlife Federation.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at nwf.org/equity.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job, therefore our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. Your experience, which may include paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work, helps build the competencies and knowledge that translates to our openings. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Please let us know if you require accommodations during the application or interview process by reaching us at email@example.com or 703-438-6244.
If selected for this position, a background check will be conducted.