Coordinator, Digital Marketing
Type of Job
May 23, 2022
About the job
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation has grown into America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 52 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, and outdoor enthusiasts of all ages and stripes. The mission of the National Wildlife Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world. We advance this mission through programming focused on conserving wildlife, restoring habitats and waterways, expanding outdoor opportunities, connecting children with nature, advancing environmental justice, and addressing the causes and consequences of climate change.
The National Wildlife Federation believes that in order to save wildlife and ourselves, we need to ensure that everyone in America has clean air and water, safe communities, easy and equitable access to the daily benefits of nature, and protection from the ravages of climate change. These basic needs, equally necessary and urgent for all people, are foundational to bringing the conservation movement and ethos into the 21st century.
As the Digital Marketing Coordinator, you will assist the Digital Marketing team with creating paid digital marketing efforts to support the advocacy and fundraising of the National Wildlife Federation. You'll work collaboratively with teams across the Federation to create paid advertising campaigns that are engaging, on-brand, and on-target, while listening to and representing the voices of our members, supporters, partners, and followers. You'll also support the Federation's advocacy, fundraising, and program goals, uncovering opportunities, overcoming challenges, and fueling success across multiple engagement platforms.
In this role you will:
- Develop and assist with the optimization of omni-channel digital ad marketing campaigns utilizing online advertising to support the Federation's revenue, advocacy, and program goals.
- Work as part of a collaborative team to develop and implement digital marketing strategies on paid marketing platforms such as Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads, and display/programmatic.
- Collaborate with national, regional, and affiliate partners to support the Federation's conservation priorities. Serve as a knowledgeable and accessible resource about digital ad marketing strategies
- Analyze performance metrics and monitor progress toward goals, fine-tuning strategies as necessary. Evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns and use these insights to inform continuous improvement. Promote data-driven decision making.
- Endeavor to stay abreast of innovative digital ad marketing methodologies and strategies. Foster a knowledge of paid marketing industry trends and best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two plus years of experience in digital marketing - Experience working in a member organization, in environmental conservation or in political campaigns a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and previous use of paid social and paid search (PPC) advertising platforms– Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Google Ads, etc. Display/programmatic experience a plus but not required.
- Superior communications, excellent time and project management, and organization skills
- Creative thinking. Problem solving. Attention to detail.
- An ability to work in a dynamic environment, coupled with strong initiative and willingness to take on projects and run with them.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS is desirable, as is familiarity with various CRM databases and reporting tools.
- Experience with a mass mailer program like Engaging Networks, Convio, BSD Tools, Salsa, MailChimp, Constant Contact, or similar would be ideal.
- Willingness to learn new digital marketing platforms.
- Industry certifications a plus. For example: Google Search Ads, Google Analytics, Snapchat Ads, etc.
- Passion for the preservation and protection of wildlife and wild places is desirable.
Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus. Your competencies should include:
- Being motivated by values of equity and responsibility to those most marginalized;
- Consistently bringing a high level of empathy and social skills to work and interpersonal interactions;
- Being committed to deepening an environmental justice approach in policy priorities, program development and partner engagement;
- Actively seeks feedback, direction, and guidance from all team members and keeps staff informed of decisions that impact them;
- Being dedicated to advancing NWF’s internal equity transformation and compelling partners and allies to incorporate equity into their work; and
- Passion for and commitment to NWF's mission
The National Wildlife Federation closely follows the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease and has implemented processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, and communities. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we conduct our hiring process virtually via phone or video until further notice. We are currently starting our positions as remote, and are continuing to explore what our future of work will be moving forward. Proof of vaccination will be required to join the National Wildlife Federation.
Compensation and Benefits:
The starting salary for this position is $50,000 per year.
We are proud of our designation by Mogul as a Top 100 Workplace with the Best Benefits in 2021! We value work-life balance and a family-friendly atmosphere with flexible scheduling. We want you to be able to integrate work and personal life with attention to your self-care, so that your work schedule is not depleting. We offer benefits so you feel restored and fueled through the day and week.
We offer these supports to help manage your mental, emotional, and physical health:
- Paid time off: Vacation that starts off at three weeks accrual, unlimited wellbeing (this time can be used for physical, spiritual, emotional, cultural, religious or financial wellbeing for yourself, a partner, or family member – including pets), 10 holidays, and 3 floating holidays
- We close down for a paid winter break between December 25 to January 1 to recognize end of-year stress, and time for reflection, rejuvenation, and spending time with family.
- Up to 16 weeks of fully paid Family and Medical Leave
- Low-cost health, dental, and vision insurance options – all outpatient mental health is covered at in-network rates
- Therapist available at no cost
- Pet insurance and discount perk program
- Annual wellbeing allowance
In addition to your salary, we offer the following supports to your personal finances:
- Retirement plan with immediate match and vesting
- Annual year end retirement contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption and Surrogacy assistance
- Pet adoption stipend
- Student Loan management
Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s benefits package at https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at nwf.org/equity.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job, therefore our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. Your experience, which may include paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work, helps build the competencies and knowledge that translates to our openings. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Please let us know if you require accommodations during the application or interview process by reaching us at email@example.com or 703-438-6244.
If selected for this position, a background check will be conducted.