Type of Job
Commensurate with experience
Oct 15, 2021
About the job
Are you passionate about fundraising and making a positive impact on the environment? Do you thrive in collaborative work environments and value diverse and unique learning opportunities? Are you eager to connect your personal interests to a mission-driven organization that supports professional growth? NEEF has an excellent opportunity for a Coordinator, Development to join our team.
The National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF) is a national leader in building public environmental literacy. Congressionally chartered in 1990 as a 501c3 nonprofit to complement the work of the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), NEEF is a non-partisan, non-advocacy organization working to make the environment more accessible, relatable, relevant, and connected to the daily lives of all Americans. NEEF collaborates with respected organizations, from both the public and private sector, to develop programs and trainings, organize events, and fund projects that empower people to positively impact our environment. NEEF’s major partners include Toyota, 3M, and International Paper as well as multiple federal government agencies. Through its network, NEEF aims to inspire the public to learn about their relationship to the environment and increase their environmental involvement.
We are seeking a creative, self-starter to lead NEEF’s development efforts. Under the guidance of the Vice President, Development, the Coordinator, Development will work collaboratively with the Development team and play a key role in moving the organization’s established development goals forward. They are responsible for researching and collecting information on prospective funders, maintaining up-to-date contacts in NEEF’s databases, and supporting various administrative functions.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research corporate and foundation prospects, identifying best fit with NEEF offerings.
- Maintain up-to-date funder information in Salesforce database.
- Process gifts and prepare donor acknowledgments. Reconcile contributions from individuals with Finance.
- Assist in report, letter of inquiry, PowerPoint presentations, proposal writing and completion of grant application forms.
- Assist in preparation of development materials for funder and board meetings, and other materials as requested.
- Liaise with consultant to process required annual state charitable solicitation registration renewals.
- Regularly update NEEF’s information with charity rating sites (e.g., Guidestar, Charity Navigator) to maintain high ratings.
- Support future fundraising travel and event planning, on occasion.
- Attend webinars and events when needed.
- As requested, participate in development planning meetings.
Skills, Knowledge, and Expertise
- Minimum education: 2-year or 4-year degree in business, fundraising/development, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of two years of professional work experience, including internships.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer proficiency of Microsoft Office. Ability to learn and master new software programs a plus.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple priorities and frequent deadlines.
- Strong research skills and ability to summarize large amounts of information.
- Knowledge of corporate sustainability, environmental issues, and environmental education are a plus.
- Self-starter and ability to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to read and understand budgeting data; familiarity with financial tracking.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM database a plus.
Salary: The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. NEEF offers excellent benefits, a collaborative and learning environment, flexible hours, and values work-life balance. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a long-term impact at a growing organization. The office is in Washington, D.C. and is metro accessible. Our team is currently teleworking due to the pandemic. The position allows for permanent telework for qualified candidates in the US.
At NEEF, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve.
NEEF is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. NEEF is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment.