Type of Job
$24 - $30 per hour
Oct 5, 2022
About the job
Purpose and Background:
Conservation Voters New Mexico (CVNM) and CVNM Education Fund are a family of nonprofit organizations headquartered in Santa Fe, NM. Our vision is for New Mexicans to thrive in just, resilient communities where our conservation and cultural values guide our decision-makers and public policies. CVNM connects the people of New Mexico to their political power by mobilizing voters, winning elections, holding elected officials accountable and advancing responsible public policies.
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Content Manager to author and edit compelling written content, manage CVNM’s websites, and create op-eds and donor appeals to amplify the goals of the organization’s campaigns. The right candidate for this role will have strong written and spoken communication skills, comfort with technology, excellent interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated commitment to CVNM’s mission, vision and values.
The Content Manager must be committed to our mission and values of authentic community and stakeholder engagement in policy work, and equitable opportunities that promote race equity, diversity, and inclusion. CVNM staff incorporate these values into our day-to-day systems and work, and provide key support for collaboration across departments and organizational partnerships. This position is a hybrid or fully remote position. This position also requires the ability to occasionally work a non-standard work week including some evenings and weekends, particularly during the legislative session and/or election season.
● Develop and author content for membership and public engagement, including e-blasts, newsletter articles, blog posts, direct mail letters and postcards.
● Assist the Director of Philanthropy with drafting donor appeals, donor communications, and fundraising campaign appeals.
● Assist the Communications Director with drafting op-eds and advocacy templates to generate earned media in support of policy goals.
● Assist CVNM Director and Executive staff with copy-writing for paid media strategies and outreach campaigns as needed.
● Design and implement ways to amplify community and partner stories with the media, public, decision-makers, and CVNM members that highlight the urgency of our work.
● Manage and update CVNM’s organizational websites and blog, ensuring they are current and user friendly, and contain compelling written content.
● Copy-edit other external communications, as needed.
● Adhere to CVNM policies and procedures.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Minimum 2+ years of experience in multi-channel marketing, media, and/or communications, including traditional print media.
● Strong oral and written communication skills and excellent copy-editing ability.
● Ability to deliver creative written content.
● Proven ability to balance multiple writing or content projects.
● Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
● Enthusiasm for and commitment to amplifying the voice and leadership of rural and/or communities of color in New Mexico.
● Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion and diversity, and an interest in environmental issues that impact our air, land, water, wildlife and community health.
● Strong understanding of how engaging the public in the political process can create policy change.
● Strong understanding of how voting and civic engagement can create policy change.
● Must be able to work a non-standard work week, including nights and weekends as needed.
● Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccinations and booster(s) by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
● Experience in advocacy, political or issue campaigns is a plus.
● Understanding of New Mexico’s diverse cultures and environmental issues
● Familiarity with graphics tools (we use Canva primarily and Adobe Creative Suite)
● Experience working in a non-profit environment