Conservation Crew Member
Type of Job
Nov 20, 2023
About the job
Interested in gaining skills in conservation and natural resource management while helping to protect our public lands and environment? Join American Conservation Experience (ACE) and receive free housing, hands-on skills training, AmeriCorps education award eligibility, and the chance to work in popular National Parks, Forests and local natural protected areas. This is a great entry-level position to gain valuable career and life skills within the outdoor and conservation industry.
American Conservation Experience is a non-profit conservation corps, and we are looking for applications to join our crew programs in a variety of locations across the country. You will typically serve for 13 or 26 weeks on projects including ecological restoration, habitat improvement, trail maintenance, invasive species removal, and historic preservation, all while completing a term of AmeriCorps service.
Compensation and benefits include a package valued at $2,000/month or more depending on location. This package includes housing, program meals, project transportation, and puts $320 a week in your pocket.
Additional benefit details include:
- $640 bi-weekly living allowance
- 3 meals daily while on project- accommodating your dietary needs whenever possible
- Free housing accommodations on off days
- Access to a variety of outdoor pro deals
- Upon successful completion of a full term, AmeriCorps members receive a Segal Education Award of $3,447.50 (for 900 hours/26 weeks) or $1,824.07 (for 450 hours/13 weeks)
- Eligible student loans can be placed into forbearance while serving in AmeriCorps with ACE
- Comprehensive hands-on training to prepare you for a career in conservation. Trainings may include chainsaw, technical trail, herbicide, wilderness medical/first aid, Leave No Trace, outdoor leadership, conflict resolution, team dynamics, backcountry skills and more
We are currently looking for members nationwide for our start dates in Spring 2024. Opportunities are currently available in California from state parks along the coast all the way into the High Sierras, the high desert and forests of the Mountain West, the Southwest and its canyons and mountains, and throughout the Eastern US from the Smokies to the Atlantic Coast.
Take your first steps towards beginning or advancing your career in conservation by applying with us today!