Compost Bucket Washer/Bucket Slinger
Type of Job
May 26, 2021
About the job
CoCo (Compost Colorado) is seeking to hire part-time operations personnel who will play a crucial role in transferring, dumping, and cleaning compost buckets
CoCo is a zero-waste start-up based in Denver, CO. We collect food waste in addition to providing a sustainable, local delivery service. We are on a mission to make composting mainstream. We are a catalyst for environmental sustainability and a more equitable world.
About the Role
This role is an exciting opportunity for someone who doesn't mind getting their hands dirty; is passionate about sustainability; and interested in working in a rapidly growing start-up. Candidates must be motivated, self-starters with constructive, clear communication skills.
• Help drivers unload vehicles
• Empty buckets and scan for contamination
• Wash buckets alongside bucket washing team.
• Help us scale from 1K members to 10K members!
• Experience working in a fast-paced service environment
• Passionate about sustainability and composting.
• Comfortable engaging with food waste (no food allergies).
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
• Must be available at least twice a week (M-TH), 3 PM-9 PM.
• Driving a manual transmission, experience backing a trailer.
• Mechanical experience: fixing cars, carpentry, plumbing.
• Experience working in a start-up or waste collection industry.
• Starts at $16/hour based on experience
• Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
• $100 bonus after 6-months
• Paid Time Off • 20% off Simple Swaps shop
Interested applicants should apply via email to with a brief description of themselves and their interest in working with CoCo. Please include a resume. Thanks for your commitment to sustainability