Community Membership Manager
Santa Fe, NM
Type of Job
$55,000 - $65,000
Jun 27, 2023
About the job
At the heart of CVNM is our dedicated team of people who hold deeply shared values for protecting our democracy and our environment. Our organizational culture is one that embraces continual learning around our commitment to equity, and to advocacy informed by our communities living on the front lines of drought, wildfires, floods, and other ravages of climate change. Our diverse board and staff bring a deep well of expertise and lived experience to the organization. Together, we are focused on connecting people to their political power, electing leaders who will act on climate, and advancing policies that protect our air, land, water, wildlife, and the health of our people.
At CVNM, we are committed to caring for our exceptional team while attracting talented new staff people with a broad range of expertise to join us in this monumental fight to solve the climate crisis. We strive to give our hardworking teamstaff what they need to achieve fulfilling work/life harmony. We offer the highest standard of health and wellness benefits and paid time off, including a merit-based sabbatical program. In recent years, we have also expanded our organizational structure to offer more pathways and opportunities for career advancement in advocacy, campaigns, operations, philanthropy, communications, and equity and culture. If this sounds interesting to you, we invite you to check out our current job openings.
The Community Membership Manager works across the CVNM family of organizations in support of the Director of Philanthropy to meet revenue goals, grow our statewide donor and member base, and enhance supporters’ engagement with the organization.
From event planning to membership engagement, the Community Membership Manager helps connect supporters across the state to their conservation values to protect New Mexico for future generations. The Community Membership Manager intersects with every facet of CVNM’s education, advocacy and elections work. It’s a dynamic position, with opportunities for professional growth.
The Community Membership Manager incorporates the values of racial equity, diversity and inclusion in the organization’s day-to-day systems and work, and provides key support for collaboration across internal departments, external audiences, and organizational partnerships.Come make a difference with us!
- In partnership with the Director of Philanthropy, help to set member number and revenue goals (in line with the strategic plan); track progress. Identify areas of improvement and where additional outreach could be beneficial.
- Explore and implement ideas for recruiting new recurring donors and stewarding existing givers at the membership and monthly giving levels. Work in partnership with the Director of Philanthropy to recruit and retain new major donors.
- Oversee and manage communication and outreach to member-level and monthly giving donors. This includes continuously updating outreach and communication materials, donor packets, e-blasts, special communications and newsletters. Work in partnership with the Director of Philanthropy to develop communications and outreach strategies for major donors.
- Assist in all aspects of event planning and implementation. This includes maintaining an internal events calendar, with timelines to ensure planning and preparation is timely. Identify and work with relevant vendors, such as venues, photographers, caterers, etc. Manage the creation and production of event communications and outreach to relevant donors and stakeholders.
- Manage the administrative responsibilities of the Philanthropy Department including running donation reports, managing the gift acknowledgement process, and donation record maintenance. Track financial donations and work in partnership with finance and accounting to accurately report gifts.
- Manage day to day development operations in alignment with CVNM’s organizational commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that foster collaboration and respect.
- Ability to take initiative and think innovatively.
- Strong organization skills, with close attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Graphic design skills preferred.
- Interest in learning new skills and issues relevant to CVNM’s mission.
- Ability to work both independently and effectively as a member of a team, with the discretion required to implement the core responsibilities of this position.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Compliance with CVNM’s policies and procedures.
- Experience interacting with donors in a nonprofit environment.
- Experience in event planning and management.
Compensation: $55,000 – $65,000 depending on experience. This is a full-time exempt salaried position. CVNM also offers a benefits package for full-time staff that includes vacation and sick leave, a retirement package, and health, dental, and vision coverage.
To Apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Community Membership Manager” in the subject line. Position is open until filled. No calls please. Candidates from historically underrepresented or disenfranchised backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the heart of all we do at CVNM and CVNMEF. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants free from discrimination and harassment of any type regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.