Remote - US
Type of Job
Feb 24, 2022
About the job
Clean Energy for America (CE4A) is looking for a talented and mission-driven membership-services professional to support our story collection and community engagement programs. The ideal candidate has two to four years of experience in membership development, customer service, or a related field – preferably within the clean energy business community.
fWe are a fully remote organization, and this role can be performed from anywhere in the United States. Non-standard work hours may occasionally be required to accommodate meetings and activities with teams across multiple US time zones. The target salary range for this position is $55,000-60,000 annually, depending on experience and qualifications. CE4A also offers a healthcare stipend and generous leave policy.
Who We Are
Clean Energy for America is the most exciting new organization on the national climate and energy scene. We are a network of over 18,000 members, supporters, and allies driven by a common goal to decarbonize our economy and protect our planet. CE4A is an outgrowth of a volunteer group of clean energy workers and leaders that worked to elect President Biden during the 2020 campaign, and continues on by amplifying the voices of this industry’s growing workforce in order to achieve the Federal leadership and policy support needed to maintain the clean energy industry’s rapid expansion.
The CE4A team is a small – but mighty – collection of political junkies and former campaigners from the environmental and clean energy sector. We are still very much in “startup” mode and are looking for teammates who are fun, flexible, and creative to help us build and grow the organization through the 2022 cycle and beyond.
About the Role
The Community Manager will be responsible for recruiting, supporting, and engaging our membership and volunteer network as well as leading our clean energy story bank program. This person will engage our network of clean energy professionals from across the country to collect and amplify stories that showcase the depth, breadth, and value of the clean energy workforce. The Community Manager will also be responsible for membership services, database maintenance, and developing member-facing communications.
Key responsibilities include:
· Tracking and collecting and elevating clean energy stories from CE4A members and the broader community;
· Reviewing and processing all membership and subscription applications, including review and data entry;
· Developing strategies and activities to respond to membership engagement and retention challenges;
· Developing and managing member-facing content such as weekly newsletters, blog posts, and Slack communications;
· Assisting with event logistics and promotion for non-membership, partnership, and congressional events;
· Assisting the Executive Director with Board outreach and coordination;
· Assisting with developing funder proposals, donor reports, and other fundraising activities.
Who We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate for this position is a detail-oriented “people person” with a passion for promoting clean energy and addressing climate change. This person knows how to recruit volunteers, engage business leaders and the public, identify captivating public narratives, and motivate others to act while also keeping up with the data and administrative tasks necessary to keep the trains running.
We are also looking for someone to compliment our existing team and workplace culture. This person should be able to work independently as well as collaboratively, proactively take on new tasks and responsibilities, and able to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities.
Specific qualifications we are looking for include:
· 2-4 years of experience working in membership, admission, customer service or a role that requires similar skills – preferably within or connected to the clean energy industry;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills;
· Strong customer service orientation;
· Outstanding organizational skills and detail oriented;
· Ability to multitask and comfortable working in a remote environment
· Proficiency in Google Suites and demonstrated experience in CRMs or other database management;
· Have a personal and professional commitment to promoting and investing in cross-cultural skills and awareness related to individuals from broad backgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and disability
· Positive attitude and a team player;
· Familiarity with clean energy or environmental issues
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume, three professional references, and a brief (150 words or less) cover letter detailing why you want to work for CE4A to email@example.com. Please include your name and the position in the subject using this format: “Community Manage – First Name Last Name”.
Clean Energy for America is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Clean Energy for America makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.