Type of Job
Jan 12, 2022
About the job
New Jersey Future seeks an experienced communications professional who is a skilled, organized, and motivated writer and editor to support the organization’s expanding communications and marketing activities. The communications specialist will work within a collaborative team environment to implement and manage program-specific and general organizational communications plans and strategies. This position will report to the communications manager.
- Copyedit all organizational materials, including blog posts, reports, newsletters, grant proposals, etc.
- Create written content, including blog posts, op-eds, press releases and statements, promotional and appeal outreach, event-related materials, etc.
- Manage NJF’s newsletter, including editorial calendar, production schedules, and content.
- Review social media content prepared by the digital communications coordinator for NJF and its campaigns, including Lead-Free NJ.
- Produce and post social media content for one or more NJF campaigns, including Sewage-Free Streets and Rivers.
- Maintain and supervise adherence to the organization’s writing style guide.
- Work closely with the digital communications coordinator to ensure the website is current and accurate.
- Seek proactive communications opportunities to grow awareness of the organization’s work.
- Support the communications manager’s media relations work, including communicating with the press, updating media lists, etc.
- Motivated by the organization’s issues, with a strong mission-driven work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including copyediting
- Experience copyediting and writing material for public viewing
- Experience producing social media content and managing social media accounts for various campaigns and/or programs
- Demonstrated track record of working well in a diverse team environment
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to organize project tasks and work independently
- Ability to learn quickly and work well in a fast-paced environment
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice
- Basic familiarity with email marketing platforms, such as Constant Contact and Mailchimp
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or a field relevant to NJF activities/subject matter (planning, public policy, environmental studies, etc.)
- Two years of relevant work experience (including internships)
Compensation: The final salary for this position is in the range of $42,000 to $52,000 and depends on the candidate’s experience and skills. Salary is negotiable. This is a full-time position with benefits, including health, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability.
Application: Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If selected to advance, one or more writing samples will be required.
New Jersey Future employees are working on a hybrid work-from-home and in-office schedule.