Type of Job
About the job
Want to help scale up a feisty, viral startup into a flourishing international network working together to raise our global climate ambitions?
The Climate Clock — a collaboration of scientists, artists and activists — launched in September 2020 and immediately made waves across the globe, focusing the world’s attention on our critical time window for climate action. In the wake of its viral launch we have received a flood of interest from around the world from both major institutions and grassroots teams who want to set up clocks in their cities to pressure decision makers to raise their climate ambitions. We are scaling up to meet that demand and are hiring for several positions including a Communications Lead, described below. (More info about Climate Clock here.)
Position: Communications Lead
Start Date: Immediately
Hours: 10 hrs/wk @ $25/hr on contract basis; w/ possibility of increase to 20 hrs/wk @ $30/hr in near future
- Lead the Climate Clock’s strategic communications efforts, across traditional, creative & social media
- Identity media opportunities and devise undefinedcreativeundefined media strategies
- Develop media toolkit for overall project, as well as for specific campaigns and events
- Collaborate with hired PR specialist to pitch and land stories
- Manage a social media team to amplify stories and build project’s online presence
- Work with Training Lead to help members of the global network become effective spokespeople
- Build the capacity and infrastructure of a global communications team, and manage that team
- Work closely with project’s Co-Founders & circle of creatives to produce videos & other creative media
- Be a core spokesperson for the project; represent the Climate Clock in media appearances
- Be part of a leadership team rapidly scaling up a small startup group into a larger, international network
- Participate in bi-weekly zoom gatherings of wider global network
- Participate in weekly meetings of leadership team
- 5 years strategic communications experience, ideally in a social movement setting
- Extremely well-organized; self-starter; detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills; a natural in front of the camera
- Familiar w Slack, Zoom, WhatsApp, ActionNetwork CMS, Trello and other online comms & mgnmt tools
- Adept at key social media platforms, including twitter, facebook, instagram, TikTok
- Comfortable working remotely as part of a virtual, internationally-distributed team
- Sensitivity and skills fostering inclusion and building group cohesion
Climate Clock aspires to be an inclusive and liberatory project. We value a diversity of life experiences and perspectives on our team. We strongly encourage applicants who identify as persons of color, women, and/or gender non-conforming to apply. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
Please apply to the job via this google form and attach your resume and cover letter as a file upload at the end.
Note that due to the volume of inquiries, we may take several days to respond.