Type of Job
Dec 28, 2021
About the job
The Partnership for the National Trails System (Partnership), a nationwide, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting the extraordinary value of National Scenic and Historic Trails, seeks a Communications Coordinator to join our growing team.
About the Partnership: The Partnership is a connector, collective voice, resource and hub of information for National Scenic and Historic Trails. We envision a world-class system of National Scenic and Historic Trails that preserves natural and cultural values and provides recreational benefits for all. To realize that vision, our mission is to empower, inspire, and strengthen public and private partners to develop, preserve, promote, and sustain the congressionally-designated National Scenic and Historic Trails.
The Partnership is an equal employment opportunity employer. We seek a broad and diverse pool of candidates and strongly believe that our organization benefits from the perspectives and talents of a diverse staff.
Reports to: Development Director (temporarily reports to the Executive Director as a Development Director is hired)
Salary range: $22,500-$25,000/year based on experience
Hours to be Worked: 20 hours per week Status: Exempt position
Location: This position is remote. The Partnership headquarters is located in Washington DC. Shared physical office space can be made available if desired.
The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for communications for the Partnership for the National Trails System. In this role, the Communications Coordinator will advance the Partnership’s role as a hub of information about National Scenic & Historic Trails; promote the work and priorities of the Partnership, and the work of its members and its partners; and, enhance recognition of the Partnership brand.
- Maintain positive relations with members, partners, stakeholders and others to gather and share information about National Scenic & Historic Trails via Partnership communications and platforms.
- Collaborate with the Partnership team to develop and implement communications strategies and an annual action plan.
- Maintain a consistent brand and voice in Partnershipcommunications
- Develop (research, write and design) print and electronic materials and ensure their production and/or distribution, including but not limited to: PATHWAYS Across America, a quarterly magazine; monthly e-newsletters and updates; e-blasts, program or event promotions and action alerts; annual report designed to promote PNTS and our work to prospective members and donors; reports, infographics, and other visual representations of PNTS work or National Trails; and, marketing, promotional, informational and development materials and media releases as needed.
- Maintain the Partnership’s social media presence, including content creation and curation.
- Manage the Partnership’s website content and coordinate with the website administrator on changes.
- Organize and/or staff the Partnership's participation in occasional outreach events, as needed.
- Manage projects and promotional partnerships as assigned.
- Attend staff meetings and other relevant meetings, events and activities as assigned by a supervisor.
· Commitment to advancing JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion).
· Minimum of one year of related experience
· Excellent writing and editing skills.
· Proficiency in digital design software (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop or similar programs).
· WordPress and social media management experience.
· Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects while consistently meeting deadlines; excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Positive member and stakeholder relations skills.
· Ability to work independently while ensuring open communications and smooth collaboration with colleagues and stakeholders.
· Occasional domestic travel may be required.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in public relations, communications or a related field
· Experience working with SALSA or a similar CRM database
· Familiarity with the National Trails System and working in a nonprofit organization
· Remote work arrangement with flexible work hours negotiable
· Generous paid time off
· Paid Federal holidays
· An employee benefit contribution available upon employment
Anticipated Start: March 2022, or sooner based on availability
Please submit a resume and cover letter: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Communications Coordinator Application’ in a subject line. Applications received by January 26, 2022 will receive priority review however, applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
· Interviews will be conducted via phone and/or video conference
· The Partnership will review COVID-19 related policies with candidates during interviews