San Francisco, CA or Seattle,WA
Type of Job
Oct 26, 2021
About the job
Term of position is 48 weeks
San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA
Position is eligible for an AmeriCorps education award upon successful completion of the program. Value of education award is $6,345 (pre-tax).
Mid-late Jan 2022
Application Due Date:
Preference given to applicants that submit application by 11/11/2021
Title of Position
Stewards Individual Placement Program (SIPP) provides individuals with service and career opportunities to strengthen communities and preserve our natural resources. Participants work with federal agencies, tribal governments, and nonprofits building institutional capacity, developing community relationships, and supporting ecosystem health.
SIPP in partnership with the National Park Service (NPS) are seeking an intern to support the Office of Public and Congressional Affairs for Interior Regions 8, 9, 10, 12. This office supports more than 65 national park system sites in California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, portions of Arizona and Montana and the territories of Guam, American Samoa, and the Northern Mariana Islands. We represent the NPS to the public and help our employees effectively communicate the important things the NPS does. We conduct media relations, crisis communications, digital communications (web/social media) congressional and legislative affairs, and public records disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
Position Responsibilities will include:
- Support program in external and internal communication actions
- Assist with the review and development of communications plans and products (i.e., press releases, frequently asked questions, talking points, etc.)
- Compile weekly reports entries and draft report for manager’s review
- Gather and collate daily news clips
- Receive, review and route media and public inquiries for action
- Participate in regional public affairs coordination calls with the ppublic aaffairs team
- Review and compile monthly park social media posts
· Compile and analyze information related to digital data calls
- Develop digital content for the regional office’s internet and intranet websites
- Provide technical support and maintenance for regional intranet site
- Create/adapt digital content to comply with federal accessibility standards for people with disabilities
- Participate in national and regional digital coordination calls with the regional digital manager
- Minimum 18 years of age
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in communication, public relations, journalism, graphic design, and/or web design
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management and project prioritization
- Critical thinker
· Position is eligible for an AmeriCorps education award upon successful completion of the program. Value of education award is $ (6,345 pre-tax).
· Living Allowance: $629/week (pre-tax).
· Professional development training and travel budget will be provided.
· Members have the opportunity to receive Public Land Corps Hiring Authority upon completion.
How to Apply
Apply on-line at: https://stewardslegacy.org/open-positions. In addition to your resume, please submit a one page cover letter highlighting why you are interested in this position and how your background and experience will help you succeed in this position.
Stewards Individual Placements Program does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.