Communications & Events Associate
Washington, DC USA
Type of Job
Mar 17, 2021
About the job
Casey Trees is a Washington D.C. based non-profit with a mission to restore, enhance, and protect the tree canopy of the Nation's Capital. The organization is seeking a Communications & Events Associate to fulfill all aspects of volunteer management, logistics, communications, and tracking for all events including trainings, tree plantings, donor engagements and the like. The ideal candidate has a successful track record of independently managing multiple projects and balancing competing priorities and deadlines. The Associate screens and prioritizes communications and opportunities and maintains administrative processes.
The following items are representative of the position, including but not limited to:
- Recruits and coordinates participant logistics, and directs supporting staff at tree plantings, seminars, and other company events
- Oversees/manages participant data such as: participation, waivers, skill level/retention, renewals, donations, hours, inputs and tracks inquiries in the CRM etc.
- Manages participant communications including schedules, invitations, and timely responses to event inquiries etc.
- Works with the marketing team to build out communication materials such as flyers, brochures, newsletter articles, press releases, email announcements, and website updates related to all service activities
- Coordinates logistics for classes, events, and conferences including securing venues, A/V, food, materials, etc.
- Assists in creating training materials for volunteer, educational, and other front facing programmatic needs both independently and in close collaboration with other departments
- Manages volunteer email, group volunteer requests, and coordinates responses with the development team
- Scopes inquires for new projects, development opportunities, and social content
- Collaborates with departments to create and implement effective participant retention strategies
- Staffs events across departments as needed
- Responsible for before & after event photos and tracking
- Conducts post-event duties (waivers, organizing, etc.) and reporting
- Connects people to trees
- Other duties as assigned
The incumbent will not have any direct reports.
The incumbent works in the office and in the field.
- Computers, printers, copiers, telephones, smartphones, tablets, walkie-talkies
- Automobiles, pickup trucks, vans
- All Casey Trees employees may engage in tree planting/related activities in outdoors, year-round in the heat, cold and inclement weather. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, sit, and walk. The incumbent is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. In the office environment, this position would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, 40-hours a week. The incumbent must be able and willing to work evenings, weekends, and extended hours when needed.
Travel is primarily local, although some out of the area travel and overnights may be expected.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two plus years demonstrated success managing and implementing events
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to effectively work with employees across all levels and departments
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Highly organized, able to stay focused, efficient, and effective in managing multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with internal teams and external groups/individuals
- Proven ability to work independently
- Able to establish, track and meet deadlines – often under pressure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to learn new computer programs as required
- Demonstrated experience successfully working in environments with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Experience with Salesforce CRM, Pardot, Eventbrite, WordPress and Adobe Suite
To apply: apply directly at
or go to caseytrees.org/jobs