Climate Power - Campaign Assistant
Washington, DC / Remote
Type of Job
Approximately $50,000 annually (Rate of $25.64 per hour)
May 25, 2022
About the job
Climate Power has an immediate opening for a Campaign Assistant to play an integral role in supporting and building Climate Power’s campaign strategy. Click here to apply.
Climate Power is an independent strategic communications and paid media operation focused on building the political will and public support for bold climate action. Founded by the Center for American Progress Action Fund, League of Conservation Voters, and Sierra Club, Climate Power integrates hard-hitting research, polling, state, and national earned media, digital and paid media to influence the national conversation, embolden leaders to take immediate, bold climate action, and expose climate deniers and their oil and gas lobby allies.
- Planning. Own and update Climate Power’s master calendar of activities and campaign specific calendars to reflect planning and fast-moving developments across teams.
- Campaign strategy and materials. Prepare and draft campaign plans and materials, provide internal feedback, suggest ideas, and coordinate across teams to ensure we stay on track across campaign efforts.
- Project management. Create tick-tocks and track campaign deliverables, timelines, and ensure cross team coordination and communication.
- Administrative tasks. Process administrative forms and other tasks as assigned. Create, organize, and maintain accurate written and electronic files and databases.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications
- At least 1-year work experience, electoral or climate issue advocacy experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of climate action space is a plus.
- Strong communications and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Able to multitask and work in a fast-paced campaign environment.
- Commitment to Climate Power’s mission and goals.
This full time non-exempt position reports to Climate Power’s Campaigns Director.
Climate Power and Climate Power Education Fund are fiscally sponsored projects of Fund for a Better Future (FBF) and Resources Legacy Fund (RLF). RLF and FBF are an equal opportunity employers and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation. We are committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination, where all team members feel valued, respected, and included. We know that our work is enriched by the varied voices and perspectives of every staff and board member, so we are committed to making an earnest effort to recruit, welcome, train, develop, and retain talented individuals from diverse backgrounds. We believe that a diverse and inclusive culture expands our creative capacity to do our work and achieve greater outcomes for people and the natural world. Learn more about RLF’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion on our website.
This full time, non-exempt position reports to Climate Power’s Campaigns Director, Engagement. Non-exempt positions are paid hourly, the pay offered for this position totals approximately $50,000 annually (Rate of $25.64 per hour). We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) plan, and generous paid time off.
RLF and FBF require that employees be vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to visiting or working in an RLF or FBF office or conducting any travel or in-person meetings on behalf of our organizations. If you are hired for this position, we will require proof that you are up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.