Climate Power - Associate Director, Latino Paid Media
WASHINGTON, DC / REMOTE
Type of Job
The salary range for this position starts at $96,000.
May 25, 2022
About the job
Climate Power has an immediate opening for an Associate Director, Latino Paid Media to help lead the team’s Latino paid media programs and support Climate Power’s overall paid media work. This person will work with others on the paid media team, the Latino Engagement, Digital, Creative, Communications, Research and Campaigns teams, external consultants, and partner organizations to coordinate Climate Power’s paid media strategy to reach Latino voters across the country. This person will officially be on Climate Power’s paid media team but will work very closely with the Latino Engagement team and be expected to support Climate Power’s broader advertising work, in addition to leading the execution of the team’s Latino paid media. Click here to apply.
Climate Power is an independent strategic communications and paid media operation focused on building the political will and public support for bold climate action. Founded by the Center for American Progress Action Fund, League of Conservation Voters, and Sierra Club, Climate Power integrates hard-hitting research, polling, state and national earned media, digital and paid media to influence the national conversation, embolden leaders to take immediate, bold climate action, and expose climate deniers and their oil and gas lobby allies.
- Develop and execute paid media strategy, as part of larger paid media programs, to Latino audiences in English and Spanish across all appropriate mediums (TV, radio, digital, etc.)
- Coordinate this work with other organizations in the climate advocacy space and teams at Climate Power, especially the Latino Engagement team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with paid media vendors to support both Latino paid media and the broader program.
- Make strategic resource allocation and strategy recommendations for Latino Paid Media to Climate Power leadership.
- Support the broader paid media program’s work by helping to manage budgets, projects, reporting and other responsibilities.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must be a fluent Spanish speaker
- Strong understanding of U.S Spanish and English language media landscapes
- Strong understanding of paid media processes, including but not limited to budgeting, tracking spend, media planning, production, and approvals
- Knowledge of how paid media can be used to reach, persuade, and activate people
- At least 3 years of professional experience in paid media across various digital channels, ideally at a nonprofit, public policy, or political organization
- Experience using Google sheets and Asana a plus
- Project management experience in digital, TV and print experience a plus
- Positive team player with a passion for progressive change
- Climate issue advocacy experience a plus
This full time exempt position reports to Climate Power’s Managing Director, Paid Media.
Climate Power and Climate Power Education Fund are fiscally sponsored projects of Fund for a Better Future (FBF) and Resources Legacy Fund (RLF). RLF and FBF are an equal opportunity employers and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation. We are committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination, where all team members feel valued, respected, and included. We know that our work is enriched by the varied voices and perspectives of every staff and board member, so we are committed to making an earnest effort to recruit, welcome, train, develop, and retain talented individuals from diverse backgrounds. We believe that a diverse and inclusive culture expands our creative capacity to do our work and achieve greater outcomes for people and the natural world. Learn more about RLF’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion on our website.
Pay for this position is commensurate with experience and responsibilities. The salary range for this position starts at $96,000. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) plan, and generous paid time off.
RLF and FBF require that employees be vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to visiting or working in an RLF or FBF office or conducting any travel or in-person meetings on behalf of our organizations. If you are hired for this position, we will require proof that you are up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.