Climate Power - Associate Director, Digital Advertising
WASHINGTON, DC / REMOTE
Type of Job
The salary range for this position starts at $96,000
May 25, 2022
About the job
Climate Power has an immediate opening for an Associate Director, Digital Advertising to help build and support the development and execution of the team’s paid media strategy. This person will play a lead role in managing Climate Power’s digital advertising program and building out critical internal infrastructure to support it. This role will also require working closely with other Climate Power teams, environmental groups and digital agencies. Click here to apply.
Climate Power is an independent strategic communications and paid media operation focused on building the political will and public support for bold climate action. Founded by the Center for American Progress Action Fund, League of Conservation Voters, and Sierra Club, Climate Power integrates hard-hitting research, polling, state and national earned media, digital and paid media to influence the national conversation, embolden leaders to take immediate, bold climate action, and expose climate deniers and their oil and gas lobby allies.
Please note that Climate Power is also interviewing for a Senior Manager, Digital Advertising role but is planning to only hire for one of these openings at this time, with an aim toward hiring the best overall applicant.
- Lead the execution of search, social, OTT, pre-roll and other forms of digital advertising.
- Write digital advertising copy.
- Lead the management Climate Power’s digital advertising accounts.
- Coordinate the public rollout of paid media announcements with other teams at climate Power.
- Coordinate digital advertising strategy and content creation with Climate Power’s creative team and agency partners.
- Support Climate Power’s digital paid media planning in coordination with other team members and agency patterns.
- Help maintain a meticulous budget tracking process.
Requirements and qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience trafficking ads on Facebook, Google and other platforms.
- Deep familiarity navigating political advertising processes and rules on Facebook and Google.
- Deep understanding of paid media processes, including but not limited to budgeting, tracking spend, compliance for a 501c4 and 501c3 organization, media planning, production, and approvals.
- Knowledge of how paid media can be used to reach, persuade, and activate people.
- Strong copywriting skills and messaging instincts.
- Ability to work quickly, including launching new ads within hours.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Project management experience.
- Positive team player with a passion for progressive change.
- Climate issue advocacy experience is a plus.
This full time exempt position reports to Climate Power’s Managing Director, Paid Media.
Climate Power and Climate Power Education Fund are fiscally sponsored projects of Fund for a Better Future (FBF) and Resources Legacy Fund (RLF). RLF and FBF are an equal opportunity employers and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation. We are committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination, where all team members feel valued, respected, and included. We know that our work is enriched by the varied voices and perspectives of every staff and board member, so we are committed to making an earnest effort to recruit, welcome, train, develop, and retain talented individuals from diverse backgrounds. We believe that a diverse and inclusive culture expands our creative capacity to do our work and achieve greater outcomes for people and the natural world. Learn more about RLF’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion on our website.
Pay for this position is commensurate with experience and responsibilities. The salary range for this position starts at $96,000. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) plan, and generous paid time off.
RLF and FBF require that employees be vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to visiting or working in an RLF or FBF office or conducting any travel or in-person meetings on behalf of our organizations. If you are hired for this position, we will require proof that you are up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.