Climate Justice Organizer
Type of Job
55k to 65K
Aug 3, 2022
About the job
Job Announcement: Climate Justice Organizer
Founded in 1966, UPROSE is an intergenerational, BIWOC-led, internationally recognized community organization.
UPROSE works at the intersection of racial justice and climate change through community-based planning and research,
policy advocacy, popular education, organizing, artistic expression, and youth leadership development.
UPROSE works with many diverse stakeholders to advance a Just Transition away from fossil fuels and toward a
regenerative economy. UPROSE seeks a Climate Justice Organizer to help coordinate and facilitate organizing and base
building strategies for UPROSE’s Climate Justice Center (CJC).
This is an in-person and full-time position that provides a benefits package and professional development opportunities.
Candidates must be able to work in a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and occasional travel. To
apply, send a resume, cover letter, short writing sample, and three references to email@example.com. No calls or
- Develop community organizing and base building strategies to implement the Climate Justice Center’s
programs, projects and campaigns;
- Develop and coordinate the CJC’s curriculum and activities calendar to support educational campaigns around
Environmental Justice, Climate Justice and Just Transition;
- Manage, update and maintain UPROSE’s community and volunteers base;
- Facilitate community planning/education workshops;
- Help carry out media strategies to raise awareness about issues and build support for our organizing as
- Assist with fundraising, grant writing and reporting as needed;
- Other community organizing responsibilities as necessary.
- 2-3+ years of organizing experience;
- Demonstrated commitment to Environmental Justice, Social Justice and Climate Justice issues;
- Knowledge of issues affecting frontline communities, communities of color and low-income communities;
- Proven experience in coordinating and facilitating meetings and working with grassroots intergenerational
communities of color;
- Experience promoting issues and policy objectives;
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team-setting;
- Excellent written/oral communications skills;
- Comfort with giving public presentations;
- Knowledge of basic computer applications, such as Microsoft, Google, Canva, and Adobe applications;
- Accountability and time management
- Spanish/English bilingual proficiency preferred
Starting Salary: $55,000
UPROSE is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief,
disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any other status
protected by law. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Siempre en Lucha, y Siempre por Nuestra Gente.
462 36th Street Brooklyn, NY 11232 | t. 718 492 9307 | f. 718 492 9030