Climate & Energy Intern
Optional remote in New York or Hybrid in Maryland
Type of Job
Nov 6, 2023
About the job
Climate & Energy Intern
Deadline: November 30, 2023
Start Date: January 2, 2024
End Date: May or June 2024
Compensation: $16/hour Hours: 15-20 hours/week
Location: Optional Hybrid in Maryland or Remote in New York
Summary: The National Caucus of Environmental Legislators (NCEL) seeks a highly motivated intern to join the team for 5-6 months to support our Climate & Energy program throughout the 2024 legislative session. The intern will assist in bill tracking and highlights, legislative material creation, event planning for state legislators, and outreach/recruitment. The ideal candidate for this position has strong policy analysis skills, is a self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team, and has a passion for climate and energy policy.
About NCEL: NCEL is a nationwide network of over 1,200 state legislators with membership in all 50 states and from both major parties. We conduct both issue-focused and regional projects, and our forums provide an opportunity for legislators to learn about emerging environmental issues and collaborate with their colleagues from other states. Learn more at www.ncelenviro.org.
- Assist in tracking and maintaining a list of climate & energy legislation.
- Support the climate & energy team in planning in-person & virtual meetings for state legislators specifically in Maryland and New York.
- Conduct outreach to potential recruit legislators.
- Create resources highlighting best practice legislation and resources for state legislators on key climate & energy policies.
- Highlight bill trends throughout the legislative session and assist in writing updates for the network.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to convey complex information in simple terms.
- A basic understanding of policy and the legislative process is a plus.
- Must have experience in Google applications and basic database management.
- Ability to work independently with strong time management skills.
- Interest or experience with climate and clean energy issues as well as event planning/outreach is preferred.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF detailing your qualifications to Ava Gallo at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM ET on November 30, 2023. Include “2024 NCEL CLIMATE & ENERGY INTERN” in the subject line.