Type of Job
Nov 17, 2021
About the job
About Blue Crab Strategies
Blue Crab Strategies (BCS) is a mission-driven strategic consulting firm that works with a select group of clients who are focused on improving peoples’ lives and the planet. We develop cutting edge strategies for some of the most impactful players around the globe leading the fight against the climate crisis!
About The Role:
Blue Crab Strategies is looking for a Client Manager who will serve as the primary lead for an important client, managing relationships, people, and projects in the U.S. and internationally, and expanding our ever-growing climate work. The Client Manager will oversee the daily operations for a project focused on accelerating the demise of the oil and gas industry. This role will involve everything from brainstorming with funders, to cultivating and maintaining relationships internally and externally, to fostering an inclusive workplace culture, to managing multiple interconnected projects, and more. This role will work closely with a client that organizes philanthropy and advocacy to combat the expansion of the oil and gas industry. The Client Manager will also directly work with the President of BCS to manage and maintain relationships between a variety of funders and foundations. The Client Manager must be able to listen and engage in discussions with multiple stakeholders and funders in order to create strategies, programs and materials that suit their organizational needs.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is an equally exceptional communicator, organizer and doer. They’re able to communicate both in writing and verbal communication with various colleagues, partners, and funders. This person will be someone who is excited to use their project management skills to collaborate with funders and advocates all over the world to develop strategies to combat the oil and gas industry, while strengthening the organization and it’s relationships. The Client Manager is committed to equity and antiracism in the workplace and understands how to translate those commitments into internal and external systems and practices. The person in this role is not only a strategic, organized thinker and planner, but they’re also creative and thrive in fast paced environments where needs may change quickly.
Progressive values are at the core of everything we do. We strive to be an anti-racist company, in how we run ourselves internally and how we show up in the world with our clients. Ensuring that we leave our world better than we found it means that we work with clients who care about protecting our planet from a changing climate, empowering groups of people who fight for equity, and championing civic engagement to hold leaders accountable. We push ourselves to be efficient, effective, ambitious, inclusive, and strategic in all that we do. If you are as passionate about progressive causes as you are at managing projects, this is the right place for you.
This person will not only be skilled in relationship management and client support, but also preparing and organizing funders and experts to help them shine. In an average week, the Client Manager can expect to do things such as:
- Crafting meeting agendas and leading partners and coalition members through current project workstreams
- Organizing working groups to develop specific strategies and programs
- Taking meticulous notes during large coalition meetings and meetings with partners, then translating notes into actionable items
- Working with partners to help plan an annual global strategic convening
- Helping to support and prep funders and experts for calls, workshops, and other projects they’re leading
- Leading focus groups with coalition partners about next steps, task items, etc
Benefits and Salary
Salary is $75,000 - $90,000 based on experience. Our benefits include a 401k with matching contributions, 10 vacation days, 10 sick days, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and two paid weeks for a company wide closing (one week in August and one week in December).
Blue Crab Strategies offers insurance coverage for eligible employees. Employees are given the option to choose any plan on the District of Columbia’s health insurance exchange. Blue Crab Strategies pays at least 80% of the monthly premium for the selected health care plan for employees, with employees paying up to 20% (varies based on cost of the plan).
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role working with NGOs, coalitions, or campaigns
- A commitment to racial and social justice with the understanding of how they connect to issues surrounding the climate and environment
- An ability to pick up technical verbiage quickly when working with others, though policy expertise is not necessary
- Strong relationship management skills, with the ability to work with a wide variety of people both in the U.S. and abroad
- Previous experience in complex project management
- A people person who can move things forward in a respectful way even when working with large coalitions and strong personalities
- Ability to manage and manage up in a remote environment
- Comfort running the show and being the point of contact for multiple projects