Clean Energy Specialist
Colorado (Remote First)
Type of Job
$65,000 - $75,000
Aug 31, 2023
About the job
Job Title: Clean Energy Specialist
Reports To: Commercial Business Director, Chief Operating Officer
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Colorado (Remote)
Colorado Clean Energy Fund (CCEF) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit financial institution that utilizes and leverages mission-driven capital to fill finance gaps in Colorado’s clean energy markets. CCEF operates on the “Green Bank” model that was successfully pioneered in other states, like Connecticut and New York, and identifies un-and under-served clean energy opportunities in Colorado and works with a variety of stakeholders to structure finance solutions to bring those opportunities to fruition.
CCEF was born out of a three-year collaboration among the Colorado Energy Office (CEO), the Department of Energy (DOE) and the Coalition for Green Capital (CGC). This collaboration aligned to create CCEF with a shared belief that a specialized, nonprofit intermediary was necessary to identify barriers to financing clean energy projects and bridge the gap between clean energy projects and traditional capital providers. CCEF was incorporated as a Colorado non-profit and former Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper announced the formation of the fund in December 2018.
CCEF was allocated $30 million of capital in late 2021 with which to launch its operations and inaugural loan products through the passage of Senate Bill 230. With this capital, CCEF will support clean energy projects in the built environment (commercial and residential buildings, including affordable housing projects) and beyond (electric vehicle charging infrastructure, community solar, etc.). CCEF’s vision is a just and equitable transition to a decarbonized and resilient economy, and our mission is to ensure equal access to capital for all Coloradans as they participate in this transition.
CCEF is seeking intelligent, energetic, and high-integrity individuals with a shared passion for clean energy, combating climate change, and making a positive impact in the lives of Coloradans. At CCEF we value innovative thinking, a “no challenge is too big” attitude, treating everyone with dignity and respect, applying introspection in the pursuit of growth, establishing a balanced life, and making deep connections with a diverse and inclusive set of humans and stakeholders that challenge natural thought patterns. We sincerely want to change the world for the better and grow as individuals and professionals in the process. If this speaks to you, and you’re compelled by our vision and share these values, then we want to get to know you.
Summary of Position
CCEF is seeking a Colorado-based, Clean Energy Specialist to join in CCEF’s effort of making clean energy accessible to all Coloradoans. This role will primarily focus on supporting CCEF’s commercial lending products, processes, and customers. The role will involve assessing incoming, commercial projects for viability through helping to close commercial loans for CCEF. The role will include working closely with prospective borrowers, contractors, and other stakeholders to help provide technical and financial guidance. Applicants with commercial building, building systems, and/or energy management experience are encouraged to apply.
CCEF is an “at-will”, equal employment opportunity employer. We are strongly committed to fostering a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive work environment. CCEF provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, present or history of mental disability, intellectual disability, learning disability, physical disability, including but not limited to blindness, status as a veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
CCEF’s aims to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to help overcome systemic biases that we may be blind to. Research shows women and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups tend to apply only when they check every box in the posting. If you are reading this and hesitating to click “apply” for that reason, we encourage you to apply.
CCEF is seeking candidates from a diversity of lived experiences who are passionate about ensuring equal access to capital and clean energy for all Coloradoans. If you believe that your lived experience has supplied you with a unique perspective on business or on the mission of CCEF - even if you may not meet the base criteria of the role - please don’t hesitate to apply and we’ll make sure your application garners the attention it deserves.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Role
- Assisting the Commercial Business Director in management of the CCEF commercial projects pipeline and related day-to-day activities
- Representing CCEF, and providing technical and policy insight, when engaging with key stakeholders, i.e. Contractors, Developers, and Borrowers
- Serving as a point-of-contact for support questions from key stakeholders
- Helping to formulate and execute on outreach and business development strategies
- Collecting impact metrics data
- Collaborating with the CCEF Team on enhancing existing commercial products and programs and contributing to development of new commercial products and programs
- Populating and presenting reports on CCEF program data
- 3+ years of professional experience in a clean energy or energy efficiency program support or a clean energy or energy efficiency technical sales role
- Experience in engaging with various clean energy stakeholders including but not limited to contractors, lenders, clean energy program implementers and/or nonprofits
- Experience working in clean energy or an associated sector such as energy efficiency, EV infrastructure, building energy management, building electrification, solar.
- Familiarity with building science and commercial building energy systems ( HVAC, lighting, DHW)
- Experience working in clean energy financing is a plus, but not required
- Experience with collaborative technology solutions (i.e. CRMs, Google Workspace, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, energy or sustainability plus 3+ years experience in relevant industry
- For those making a career change, additional relevant education may be substituted for minimum professional experience requirement
You’ll Thrive at CCEF If
- You enjoy building things from zero-to-one.
- You are passionate about accelerating the adoption of renewable energy to mitigate the effects of climate change.
- You enjoy working in a team setting but you’re comfortable managing your time and duties without constant oversight.
- You enjoy turning complex problems into easy solutions.
- CCEF is a remote-first organization, providing flexibility for team members to work from wherever they are most comfortable.
- This role includes competitive pay, trusted time off, full benefits package (including medical, dental, vision for employees and dependents), matching 401K corporate plan, and an annual technology stipend.
- The expected compensation for this role is between $65,000-$75,000.
Interested applicants should submit (1) a detailed cover letter expressing their interest and fit for the position, and (2) a CV/resume clearly outlining experience, abilities, and qualifications satisfying the needs of the organization.
The posting will close on 09/22/2023.