Clean Energy Associate-Engineer (2022-2182)
Type of Job
Commensurate on experience
Jan 28, 2022
About the job
Who Are We
At Cadmus, we recognize that solving the world’s most challenging problems can’t be accomplished alone or with cookie-cutter solutions. That’s why we look for team players and problem solvers who are encouraged to use their unique perspectives and intellectual curiosity to help deliver breakthrough solutions that achieve transformative goals like accelerating decarbonization and clean energy adoption. At Cadmus, you’ll collaborate with leading energy experts to help our clients across the globe incorporate renewable energy, reduce electricity consumption, improve distributed energy systems, and attain energy equity.
Cadmus’ mission is to deploy industry-leading expertise to help our clients achieve extraordinary results that strengthen society and the natural world. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, a vibrant and collaborative work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. We are committed to advancing diversity and fostering a culture of equity in the workplace and across society, and we strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all employees feel connected, respected, and valued.
Join Cadmus. Let’s solve the world’s most challenging problems together.
What You'll Be Doing
Cadmus seeks an Associate to join our Energy Services practice, focused on residential and commercial energy efficiency. This position is an opportunity to apply engineering skills as a consultant, and to draw valuable conclusions by collecting/analyzing data on how complex systems operate under real-world conditions. This will be part of a broader approach to accelerate the adoption of energy efficiency, demand response, renewable power generation and other distributed energy resources, such as energy storage.
- Perform residential, commercial, and industrial site visits to verify energy efficiency measure installation, install metering equipment, and/or collect relevant data
- Analyze collected data using Excel or other analytical tools, identifying trends, optimizing weather-normalized models, summarizing program events, and identifying causal impacts on program results
- Document findings in reports, memos, and presentations to clients
- Work efficiently and collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams providing technical input and support to their projects
- Work with analytic tools to inform strategic decisions by developing data analysis pipelines, managing databases, and building interactive visualizations
- Participate in research efforts, ensuring consistency and quality of research methods
- Independently manage tasks and small teams of engineers
- Contribute to business development through proposals, client relationships, and other venues
- Perform project management activities
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering, or related field with 7 years of professional work experience
- Over five (5+) years of demonstrated professional experience in energy efficiency
- Understanding of how to apply statistical methods to data to answer research questions
- Excellent writing, communication, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, including setting priorities and adapting to changes in a time-sensitive, deliverable driven workplace
- Strong organizational, detail-oriented skills
- Initiative and ability to self-direct on assignments
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Desire to learn, grow, and make a difference
- Interest in energy, energy efficiency, renewable energy, and/or electric vehicles
- Driver’s license (vehicle ownership not required)
- PE license
- Master’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering, or related field
- Familiarity with Python, Matlab, and/or SQL
- Experience installing a variety of energy metering equipment
- Strong understanding HVAC, water heating, and other commercial/industrial equipment
- Familiarity with power and energy analysis techniques, such as regression models and bin analysis, cross-validation, and parameter tuning/optimization
- Familiarity with project management tactics and tools, including schedule software and budget tracking
- Demonstrated ability to self-train including additional trainings and certifications
- To apply, submit resume along with cover letter
- Some domestic travel may be required
- This position will be remote to start. Post-COVID, this position will be based in Newark, NJ
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, and compliance with Cadmus’ vaccination verification procedures, is a condition of employment with Cadmus, unless the individual is legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation. Prospective and/or new U.S. employees will be required to submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. “Full vaccination” means two weeks have passed since the individual received: 1) their second shot in a two-dose vaccine series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) or 2) their shot in a single-dose vaccine series (such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). Information regarding the process for requesting a reasonable accommodation will be included in the offer letter issued to any prospective employee.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com