Clean Energy Associate Consultant (2022-2185)
Arlington, Virginia; Portland, OR; Waltham, MA
Type of Job
Commensurate on experience
Jan 28, 2022
About the job
Who We Are
At Cadmus, we recognize that solving the world’s most challenging problems can’t be accomplished alone or with cookie-cutter solutions. That’s why we look for team players and problem solvers who are encouraged to use their unique perspectives and intellectual curiosity to help deliver breakthrough solutions that achieve transformative goals like accelerating decarbonization and clean energy adoption. At Cadmus, you’ll collaborate with leading energy experts to help our clients across the globe incorporate renewable energy, reduce electricity consumption, improve distributed energy systems, and attain energy equity.
Cadmus’ mission is to deploy industry-leading expertise to help our clients achieve extraordinary results that strengthen society and the natural world. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, a vibrant and collaborative work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. We are committed to advancing diversity and fostering a culture of equity in the workplace and across society, and we strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all employees feel connected, respected, and valued.
Join Cadmus. Let’s solve the world’s most challenging problems together.
What You’ll Be Doing
Cadmus seeks an Associate Consultant to join our Energy Services business unit, focused on Commercial and Industrial Energy Efficiency and who has interest in next generation technologies and clean energy strategies for industrial and commercial decarbonization. This position is an opportunity to apply engineering skills as a consultant, and to draw valuable conclusions by collecting and analyzing data on how complex systems operate under real-world conditions. This will be part of a broader approach to accelerate the adoption of energy efficiency, demand response, renewable power generation and other distributed energy resources, such as energy storage at commercial and industrial facilities.
The Energy Services team at Cadmus assists clients in quantifying the performance of energy efficiency projects, evaluating energy efficiency and clean energy programs, providing actionable insights for clients through engineering studies, analysis, and research, conducting project due diligence, and providing other relevant technical expertise on a variety of clean energy technologies. At Cadmus, you’ll collaborate with leading energy experts to help our clients across the globe incorporate renewable energy, reduce electricity consumption, improve distributed energy systems, and attain energy equity. From research and policy development to project implementation, our work supports the advancement of energy efficiency and distributed energy in the marketplace.
- Perform commercial and industrial site visits to verify energy efficiency measure installation and operating parameters, install power metering equipment, and/or collect relevant data to inform engineering analysis of energy savings
- Analyze collected data using analytical techniques with software tools such as Excel, Python, or R; identifying trends; optimizing weather or production-normalized models; summarizing program events; and identifying impacts on program results
- Develop technical approaches for EM&V across a range of energy efficiency projects, in accordance with appropriate protocols
- Report and present results and findings, as well as actionable recommendations to clients
- Work efficiently and collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams providing technical input and support to their projects
- Participate in research efforts, ensuring consistency and quality of research methods
- Conduct quality control reviews of efficiency projects and analysis.
- Independently manage tasks
- Contribute to business development through proposals, client relationships, and other venues?
- Bachelor’s degree in a mechanical, electrical, industrial, or chemical engineering, or related field with seven (7) years of experience or Master’s degree in related field with five (5) years of experience
- Over five (5+) years of demonstrated professional experience in the commercial and industrial energy efficiency
- Strong interest in energy efficiency, carbon reduction and mitigation technologies, and clean energy.
- Experience analyzing energy use of commercial and industrial systems, particularly HVAC systems, waste heat recovery systems (i.e. RTO’s, and heat exchangers), pumps, fans, and compressed air.
- Experience with project planning and budget management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate complicated issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Driver’s license (vehicle ownership not required)
- PE license
- Familiarity with Python, Matlab, R, and/or SQL
- Technical background and knowledge of industrial decarbonization, low carbon technologies, and energy efficiency strategies
- Experience in industrial process operations and optimization
- Understanding of energy/carbon policy developments, energy markets and wider energy/sustainability issues
- Experience installing a variety of energy metering equipment
- Familiarity with power and energy analysis techniques, such as regression models and bin analysis, cross-validation, and parameter tuning/optimization
- Familiarity with project management practices and tools, including developing schedules, assigning resources, and budget tracking
- Willingness to travel domestically
- Position will require the candidate to engage in moderate physical activity, such as climbing ladders and carrying equipment weighing less than 10 pounds
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Perm Resident or U.S. Citizen
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, and compliance with Cadmus’ vaccination verification procedures, is a condition of employment with Cadmus, unless the individual is legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation. Prospective and/or new U.S. employees will be required to submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. “Full vaccination” means two weeks have passed since the individual received: 1) their second shot in a two-dose vaccine series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) or 2) their shot in a single-dose vaccine series (such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). Information regarding the process for requesting a reasonable accommodation will be included in the offer letter issued to any prospective employee.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com