Civic and Political Engagement Manager
Type of Job
$65,000 – $70,000
Nov 11, 2023
About the job
About Water Education for Latino Leaders (WELL)
Water Education for Latino Leaders (WELL), established in 2012, is on a mission to educate and train local Latino elected officials about California water policy to promote timely and equitable actions that serve to develop a robust economy, healthy communities, and a resilient environment for all Californians. WELL hosts an annual conference, regional workshops, and a fellowship program to educate elected leaders about the most pressing water issues in California. Participants of these programs eventually become the leadership of WELL. To know more about these programs and WELL, please go to www.latinosforwater.org.
The Civic and Political Engagement Manager position is an educational and challenging opportunity for a highly motivated candidate to support a growing organization dedicated to its vision and the impact of its mission on California communities. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Civic Engagement and Political Engagement Manager will oversee WELL’s civic engagement and organizing efforts. They will also develop a deep knowledge of California water issues and enhance their community organizing practices.
In this full-time role, the Civic and Political Engagement Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing campaigns that advance WELL’s strategic priorities in collaboration with WELL’s leadership, key stakeholders, and community partners, including local elected officials.
- Support all WELL programs and events, including an annual conference, webinars, the UnTapped Fellowship program, and new initiatives.
- Lead recruitment efforts for the WELL UnTapped Fellowship Program.
- Meet with local elected officials in person, for purposes of recruitment and program outreach.
- Participate and represent WELL in partner meetings and events as needed.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations.
- Support relationships with strategic partners and constituents.
- Monitor and organize constituents and partners in WELL’s database.
- Other relevant tasks as assigned.
- Community-oriented individual with a demonstrated proficiency in recruiting and mobilizing people to action.
- At least three years of experience in community organizing, outreach, or program management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to relate, establish, and cultivate relationships with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to prioritize tasks with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to utilize tools or design systems and processes to track data and monitor progress.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to prepare a wide array of written materials as needed.
- Proficient in Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.), Zoom, and other office software.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment involving flexible hours, including working evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must be willing to travel across California regions as needed, including overnight stays and air travel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with proof of automobile insurance coverage.
- Strong interest in climate change, water policy, water management, and the Human Right to Water.
- Committed to the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
How to Apply