Chief of Staff
DC metro area
Type of Job
$55,000 - $80,000
Jun 6, 2021
About the job
Our Mission: Rock Creek Conservancy restores Rock Creek and its parklands as a natural oasis for all people to appreciate and protect.
Overview: The Chief of Staff will work closely to support the Executive Director to ensure efficient and optimal operations of the Conservancy. This role provides administrative support while serving as a thought partner and strategist for the organization. (S)he helps other Conservancy leaders work collaboratively to meet organizational goals.
- Drive horizontal alignment to advance the Conservancy’s strategic goals
- Lead annual workplan development and ongoing measurement and monitoring
- Lead compliance with requirements for and administration of the Conservancy’s business functions, including charitable registration and finances
- Support Executive Director correspondence and meeting preparation
- Plan and coordinate meetings with staff, external partners, board, or committees
- Special project implementation
· Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of work experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting
· Demonstrated success in strategic alignment of teams to accomplish goals
· Ability to lead through influence and collaboration
· Strong communications abilities, both written and verbal
· Excellent time management and ability to prioritize
· Must be flexible to work evenings and extended hours when needed
· Salesforce experience strongly desired
Rock Creek Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer. The Conservancy’s offices are temporarily remote, but the position must be local to participate in field activities. The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $80,000, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line “Chief of Staff.”