Type of Job
About the job
Want to help scale up a feisty, viral startup into a flourishing international network working together to raise our global climate ambitions?
The Climate Clock — a collaboration of scientists, artists and activists — launched in September 2020 and immediately made waves across the globe, focusing the world’s attention on our critical time window for climate action. In the wake of its viral launch we have received a flood of interest from around the world from both major institutions and grassroots teams who want to set up clocks in their cities to pressure decision makers to raise their climate ambitions. We are scaling up to meet that demand and are hiring for several positions including a Campaigns Lead, described below. (More info about Climate Clock here.)
Position: Campaigns Lead
Start Date: Immediately
Hours: 10-15 hrs/wk @ $25/hr on contract basis; w/ possibility of increase to 25 hrs/wk @ $30/hr in near future
- Lead the Climate Clock’s strategic campaign efforts, especially our 2021 “Road to Glasgow” campaign
- Identify campaign opportunities and develop campaign strategies, both political and “cultural”
- Work closely with Global Teams Coordinator to guide the most promising teams in our diverse global network to most impactfully pressure local & global decision makers
- Assist Global Teams Coordinator in developing organizing kit and support tools for global teams
- Build the capacity and infrastructure of a global campaigns team, and manage that team
- Cultivate relationships w/ grassroots & NGO partners; turn those relationships into working alliances
- Be part of a leadership team rapidly scaling up a small startup group into a larger, international network
- Be a core spokesperson for the project; represent the Climate Clock in political coalitional spaces
- Assist the Training Lead in building leadership capacity throughout our network
- Participate in bi-weekly zoom gatherings of wider global network
- Participate in weekly meetings of leadership team
- Help find and hire other skilled team members
- 5 years campaigning experience, ideally in the climate justice space
- Extremely well-organized; self-starter; detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills; a natural in front of the camera
- Adept at Slack, Zoom, WhatsApp, Action Network CMS, Trello
- Familiarity w spreadsheets, google forms & other online tools for managing expanding # of participants
- Familiar with scaling up horizontal (decentralized) organizing systems or multi-city chapter-based orgs
- Comfortable working remotely as part of a virtual, internationally-distributed team
- Sensitivity and skills fostering inclusion and building group cohesion
Climate Clock aspires to be an inclusive and liberatory project. We value a diversity of life experiences and perspectives on our team. We strongly encourage applicants who identify as persons of color, women, and/or gender non-conforming to apply. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
Please apply to the job via this google form and attach your resume and cover letter as a file upload at the end.
Note that due to the volume of inquiries, we may take several days to respond.